ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media Engineer Wanted.

ITB BG 182
OK i know this sounds daft but i would like to find some one who works with Virginmedia broadband dept.

Right to explain this a little more, the bb box is currently located in my 2nd bedroom. Now im not in that room anymore and dont have a pc as i have a laptop I was after moving the modem down stairs so my mothers pc can be connected and to have the box on wireless for the laptop.

I did try to go wireless from upstairs, signal is zero though. Its an old house and things dont go through the walls, not even ghosts.

So all im after is some one that would be able to relocate from upstairs to down stairs.

Virginmedia want peoples pants down and charge £80 for this 5 minute job. Ill pay £40 if that seems fair.

Polo + Micra
you can buy a pre-made f-plug coax lead and f-plug splitter in maplins for a tenner

ITB BG 182
i think my main problem is to get the wire from my room out through the wall and bring it down to the box outside down stairs then drill a new hole in the wall and put the wire through and re-connect the connector.

Think ill go hunt some one in a VM van and ask if he or she could do it for cash in hand some time.
I think VM were taking the pee when they said £75, either that or ill change to BT and get the wireless unit that comes in the package.

Black 172...KN53EL*
£80!

Last time me or any friends had anything similar done it was £25! (and only about a year ago!)
Phone them up to cancel saying you can switch to sky broadband & they'll soon drop the charge a fair bit......