ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VISTA bets 2 screenshots (56k NO NO)

Golf GTI PP Mk7
vista%20shot%201.JPG

vista shot 3.JPG

vista%20shot%204.JPG

So far its pretty awesome, driver support is thin, but it is nible, quicker than xp in places. DirectX 10 is a novelty too. for those of you with no idea what im on about, just nod...

Sidebars, urrrrrgggghhhhh
White, uuuurrrrrggggggghhhhhh

;)

Looks good mate, whens it going to be released properly?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
turned the sidebar off, its crap, it eats ram and its silly. comes out next year i think. and u can make the glass any colour u like, lol.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
not overly, alot of people have had serious trouble with it but i seem to be doing ok, it has its moments, but if u know what ur doing u can usually get round it.

main problems are with the ATI vista beta drivers, the control center wont work and awindows is reading my 9800 as having 386mb of mem.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lewisniven said:
not overly, alot of people have had serious trouble with it but i seem to be doing ok, it has its moments, but if u know what ur doing u can usually get round it.

main problems are with the ATI vista beta drivers, the control center wont work and awindows is reading my 9800 as having 386mb of mem.

Is that not a fault of the .Net Framework though? You still need the 1.1 version installed, even if you have version 2.0 installed for the Catalyst Control Centre to work. At least that's the reason on XP, though I'm not sure on Vista yet. Feck knows why it's reporting 386MB though - lol!

D.

Not a Clio
all these fancy effects and glass type borders have been available to linux users for a long time, in the form of XGL and Compiz and doesn't use anywhere near even half the resources that is required with Vista.

for example, my desktop:

screenshot.gif

Not a very good picture as photobucket decided to shrink it but note the semi transparent windows (user defined) and the glass type borders (user defined) It also has a cube rotating desktop switcher, wobble effect on windows plus loads more. Just do a google search on Compiz, there's a number of desktop videos doing the rounds where you can see all the effects in use.

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
ill think ill wait for the real deal and update the whole lot..
i liked the look if it when i had it running but not stable enough for my liking

RS 172Cup(SOLD); R26 Meg
Vista is less than nothing. beta 2 is missing so many features and has more leaks than the titanic. Some of the later versions have been better but i was suprised when m$ choose that release as a public. This new OS has dropped most of the features that were a step forward and now it just seems to be windows XPs better looking cousin.

A red missile
Its starting to look an awful lot like Mac OSX, and for anyone thats blighted with that you know how bad that can be.

Typical example at work today, while using another application i got a pop up message telling me that illustrator had bombed, which is really good for a program that isn't doing anything!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Erm, what the hell is all this pointless sh1t???

feat_UX_09.gif

Why, why, why do you need to waste so much resource on eye-candy crap like this? Thankfully, it sounds like you can switch to a 'basic' version. Which in itself should free up 2GB of RAM and a 4GB pagefile. ;)

Come back DOS - all is forgiven!

D.