ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista style on XP?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
there is the so called hidden black theme for XP called 'Royal Noir'.

I use it and like it!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
The is also Royale Zune but I havent a clue whats thats like, think its black and orange.

Zunetheme.png
Thats not bad

Leon Cupra R 225
Right I have a problem guys... I downloaded this..

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061029/royale-noir/

Extracted it with WinRAR to correct path...

c:\windows\resources\themes\royale noir

double click on Luna like it says and the theme comes up in the display settings on appearance, choose royale noir, apply + ok it etc, it works, nice black theme, very sleek just what I wanted

BUT - I restart or turn off the computer and it's gone and instead gone back to windows classic theme, which is boring. How do I go about making it permanent on my computer so it's there when I switch on/restart.

Cheers

Bumder With A Buffer
I have a fix for this to stop it reverting back to the claasic theme.

I will post it up in a sec after double checking it works!

Bumder With A Buffer
yep fixed it!!!

Right in order to get this scheme to work do the following......

First go into C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes.

Next make a new folder called Luna2.

Then extract the all files in the royale theme that was in that rar file to the above folder.

Then all you need to do is rename the Luna (windows visual style file) to Luna2 and you should find it each time in the appearance settings and it should not revert back to the old "classic style"

Let me now if this helps or not!

Richy