ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmaxx Coilovers on a 172 cup

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Has anyone here got a set of Vmaxx coilovers on their 172 cup? I was thinking of buying some of these for mine, i use my 172 cup as a daily drive but also use it as a sprint car.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
What's the handling and ride like with them, on a day to day bases? Also when you go out for a "spirited drive" does the car handle well in the corners?

PH2 Flamer
Ride is quite harsh, car handles well though. If your looking for a quality product id go for something better. They are a budget coilover.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Cheers guys il keep looking around, im not to worried about the comfort but a little give is always appreciated. But if they dont hold firm for sprint racing il look for an alternative.

PH2 Flamer
well its a better set up than vmaxx coilovers.

not sure about sprint racing. know nothing about it.

probably best finding someone who races a clio in sprint racing and asking whats best to use?

RS200 & PH2 172
this is my dilema, my 172 is just a toy..... yes its MOT'd so may go on road at some point but currently the odd day out. Don't wanna blow a grand on KW but don't wanna waste money either

Would that be a good enough set up for Sprint racing???

I ran standard Cup suspension for 2 years and they had done 44,000 miles when I bought the car, running in standard SB class and 1B class they were fine, as Tony said standard refreshed suspension will be ideal.

Regards Russ.......

Where is the best place to buy brand new standard shocks???
Try this lad comes highly recommended in the Dealers and Traders Experience Threads, Adam at Renault 01902-439-264, or 01902-216-953, this is the info posted by another CS member v800mjh.

Regards Russ.......

Clio 172 Cup
If its a weekend toy for fast road and occasional track days, go for uprated springs

If its a track toy and you want something more suitable for track, go for Bilsteins, GAZ, KW or similar

My clio cup has Bilstein B14's and has been epic on track : )