ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmaxx or ktec coilovers..help!

Clio 182
Hi guys, I know it's been covered loads before and I have tried to look at all old threads to work out if these two coilovers are worth it.
Most of the time people jump down the guys throat saying 'they're crap', 'buy cheap, pay twice' ect ect
Has anyone got any useful advise on these, maybe ran a set on their 182?
Will do maybe 1-2 track days a year and is my daily, ride comfort doesn't bother me. Just want to make sure handling is still okay.
Anyone with some sound information/advise come forward.

Thanks
Dan

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I had the vmaxx on my 182 from new for nearly 2 years. Mine was a daily, never saw track. I didn't actually mind the ride. Could be bumpy, but not uncomfortable. They went quite low. However the rear shocks aren't that strong. Mine gave up after a year so I ran with cup rear shocks, but still the vmaxx springs/adjusters and the vmaxx fronts.

I bought a set new for my ph1 and the rears knocked like crazy. Had a new replacement and the same again. I also found out that the fronts were leaking. This was all under 2 months and under 1000 miles. Shame as I spent over £100 getting the geometry done which was obviously non refundable. For those reasons I'd be put off but it's hit and miss with these as my 182 proved.

They are too soft for track though. My advice is pay a little bit more and get a better brand if your wanting coilovers.

Ktec's are rebranded Raceland coilovers which are even cheaper than vmaxx. Unfortunately because they have ktec written on them they can charge more. These will be too soft for track also.

Clio 182
Thanks, I just keep reading and so many people say different things. My other option is to put it on cooksport springs but they are out of stock and have no idea when they will be available again! Hmm decisions

Clio 182
Have 182 FF, erm budget insnt much, looking around £400 give or take. Want to fill the arches but don't want to loose handling..

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Save a bit more. You can get bilsteins or gaz's for £100 more. Honestly, it'll pay to have a better coilover setup than the ones you mentioned above.