ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodafone, not a great network for iPhone?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well, I know it's early days but so far my first impressions with Vodafone aren't great.

Firstly, no visual voicemail? Really?

I mean there's only been like 3 iPhones since they weren't exclusive to o2, so maybe they haven't had enough time to update their system?

Also, I'm not sure if it's just my handset but the data seems slow as hell.

Side by side with my work iPhone 4, with full 3G signal indicated on both handsets, the 4 managed to load maps faster, load Cliosport.net faster, load Facebook faster, on a phone that's supposedly half the speed?

So, what's everyones experience with new networks if you've changed to get yourself the 4S? So far for me, o2 are far the superior smart phone network.

It's the same here, Movistar (o2) are by far the best network, the only down side is that they're robbing c***s.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Only reason I'm with o2 is because they have a w**k system for upgrading.

I could pay off my contract and start again, but couldn't have a 4S if I did that because I'd be a new customer, and iPhone pre orders were only for existing customers... basically I had no choice other than sit on o2 for 4 months and then get a 4s or get a 4s on another network...

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Ant - Every phone you seem to have is "waff".

Dafthead - Because???

The signal to talk seems brilliant, data is appalling.

OK I bought the iphone 4 from apple, put my 02 sim into and ran it for 6 months - hardly any issues

Saw a mint quidco deal for voda & swapped, almost immediately start getting loads of "cannot activate cellular data network" messages, which I still get now at least 3-4 times a week, along with the 3G signal seemingly crapper + general coverage much worse than 02

Just IMO of course.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Orange don't have visual voicemail, well the didn't when I left them in march.

O2 are the best network IMO, orange a close second but that's based on where I live I suppose.

My work phone is a voda. It's gash so I set up call divert and it all goes to my personal phone now, not used it in about 6 months! Only thing I actually use it for is bamming up mates as they don't know the number.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I use 3, granted not for an iphone but i get coverage everywhere no problem, i also get 2GB of data as standard. I believe i use orange/3 masts which probably explains my good signal everywhere. For me they are the best and thier network was designed for 3G rather than patched on as an afterthought.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I always thought Voda was a decent network, if anything superior to o2, tbh I'd have stayed with o2 but they offered me no choice really.

Their customer service for existing customers is SHOCKING.

Fiesta ST-3
Vodafones customer service is absolutely awesome from my experience, however as a network... they are shocking. Signal/data is awful in my area!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Gash mate.

Got rid of my Voda for an Orange contract and it's MUCH better :D!

I did the opposite lol!

This problem seems area related but I had loads of issues with orange so left to go to Vodafone. I have been with them for just over a year and i am happy with there service. My signal is always pretty good and pages on safari load ok IMO. I can't speak for 02 because I have never had an iPhone on O2 before.

AK

M240i
Lol! Voda were terrible. I was struggling for 3G signal in central London most of the time.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I find the opposite in Lincoln tbh. I've owned every iPhone so far bar the 4S, I've been with Vodafone since the 3GS. My girlfriend is on the O2 network with her 4, it drops calls like I eat crisps. I get better download speeds than her, even when I have a lower number of signal bars etc.

Also we have a Vodafone mast on site at work, our Ambulances and other NHS gear uses the Vodafone network in the East Midlands. Perfect signal at home and at work, all the important places.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Lol! Voda were terrible. I was struggling for 3G signal in central London most of the time.

Really that bad?

In city centres my signal hardly drops below full. Saying that I haven't worked in London since last year so i can't remember what the signal was like tbh.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I'm with Vodafone for my iPhone and have no problems (in Yorkshire), I know of a local company who I deal with have all their phones with orange and their employees are constantly complaining that the orange network is shite....

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm with Vodafone for my iPhone and have no problems (in Yorkshire), I know of a local company who I deal with have all their phones with orange and their employees are constantly complaining that the orange network is shite....

Same, I live in Mexborough btw ;)

The ofcom website will tell you what masts are near.

Orange are shite too, where I lived they have a more powerful and higher mast than the o2 one yet I would be on GSM 24/7.

Listerine & Poledo
All networks are as bad as each other.
True fact.

EE (T-Mob & Orange) may be marginally better due to their teamed-up coverage, but if you're going into true wilderness, you need Vodafone.
Even then, that'll be to call people to tell them you've bust your leg on a mountain, not upload a lolz video of the incident.

T-Mob are probably as good as 3 for their deals but marginally better on customer service. They dont charge you for data over your allowance, but if you continually go over they may cut your data off.

2014 Clio 200t edc
O2 are w6nk and have been getting gradually worse for the past few years. Only with them still out of laziness.
I had no signal at home for a week, called up and the woman said "yeah the mast is down, it's being fixed". I asked whether there was any idea how long for, all she replied with was "the mast is down"

CBR1000RR Fireblade
just turned my voicemail off, its been something i have been meaning to do for a while but never got around to it

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
This is why I like Vodafone, in a big building where the guy next to me on O2 can't get a signal I get this.

You should see the speeds outside! Where I get full signal.