ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodafone, not a great network for iPhone?

LY 182
I'm with Vodafone and they're not great here.

I was gonna switch to O2 but I was ready to upgrade when the 4 was due out and O2 were giving priority to their customers and I couldn't be bothered to wait. :eek:

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I have had numerous contracts with Vodafone (including personal and business contracts) and have had nothing but problems with Signal.

We had an office in Canary Wharf and every Blackberry had problems with signal.

Worst customer service too - they refused to acknowledge that it was a network problem, instead they blamed the phone every time.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Vodafone are easily the best provider i've seen with or heard of from other people. I find their customer service utterly brilliant. Not once have I had any hassle with them.

They overcharged my mum by taking a double payment, credited her account with £100 and sent a voucher for their shop. 1 phone call.

I'm perplexed at people comparing Orange with Voda. Orange imo are the worst provider in the UK by far. I'd be very surprised if I moved anywhere else. The service where I live is also far superior on Vodafone although i've no idea how to set up my BT openzone. :eek:

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Vodafone are easily the best provider i've seen with or heard of from other people. I find their customer service utterly brilliant. Not once have I had any hassle with them.

They overcharged my mum by taking a double payment, credited her account with £100 and sent a voucher for their shop. 1 phone call.

I'm perplexed at people comparing Orange with Voda. Orange imo are the worst provider in the UK by far. I'd be very surprised if I moved anywhere else. The service where I live is also far superior on Vodafone although i've no idea how to set up my BT openzone. :eek:

same tbh

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

Tesco Mobile are the worst, they use O2s network too.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Girlfriend has had the follow issues:

1) Having to wait 6 months to get any Clubcard points
2) Being billed £1000 for using 3G data while her phone was turned off (in the end turned out to be Tesco admitting it was a billing error) - That took nearly 3 months to fix. Despite the fact that their own terms and conditions state that they will limit your access and contact you as soon as any bill reaches £200. They still tried to take £1000 out of her bank.
3) Support staff on the phone are rude and blame you without investigating
4) The online itemised billing doesn't work at all. Sometimes has a week long lag on it, despite them promising it will be up to date within 4 hours.
5) This morning her iPhone said 'No Signal', she logged into her account and another phone number had been added. She rang up and found they had 'accidentally' ported someone else's number onto her phone.

She has had no compensation for any of this.

Plus loads more issues, Google around. They are known for being the worst network in the country.

I'm on Tesco and so far I haven't had any problems at all. I have never been without a phone signal wherever I go.

Only downside I find is the 3G is a bit slower than when I was on O2, but not massively.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Tesco Mobile iPhone 12 month contracts FTW!!

Oh hai!

2wg62dl.gif

R26
Girlfriend has had the follow issues:

1) Having to wait 6 months to get any Clubcard points
2) Being billed £1000 for using 3G data while her phone was turned off (in the end turned out to be Tesco admitting it was a billing error) - That took nearly 3 months to fix. Despite the fact that their own terms and conditions state that they will limit your access and contact you as soon as any bill reaches £200. They still tried to take £1000 out of her bank.
3) Support staff on the phone are rude and blame you without investigating
4) The online itemised billing doesn't work at all. Sometimes has a week long lag on it, despite them promising it will be up to date within 4 hours.
5) This morning her iPhone said 'No Signal', she logged into her account and another phone number had been added. She rang up and found they had 'accidentally' ported someone else's number onto her phone.

She has had no compensation for any of this.

Plus loads more issues, Google around. They are known for being the worst network in the country.

FFS

I'm on Tesco and so far I haven't had any problems at all. I have never been without a phone signal wherever I go.

Only downside I find is the 3G is a bit slower than when I was on O2, but not massively.

Mine has been spot on up to yet. Been with them 9 months-ish now. I moved from O2. Signal is actually better than before.

I have no complaints about them, but I haven't had to deal with their customer service centre or anything yet.

But how much are the 12 month deals?! When I was looking, Tesco was by far the cheapest deal around.
12 month
£320 for the phone
£25pm
5000 texts
500 mins
1GB data

Cannae complain at that. Once its done in March, ill stay on pay as you go and wait until the 5 is released. Boom.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
But how much are the 12 month deals?! When I was looking, Tesco was by far the cheapest deal around.
12 month
£320 for the phone
£25pm
5000 texts
500 mins
1GB data.

Get what you pay for tbh. I warned the girlfriend off Tesco when she got the phone and she ignored me, I think she's learnt her lesson now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I was with Vodafone for a year and found data access to be slow or non existent for much of the time despite the iPhone 4 reporting a good 3-5 bar 3G signal. I've been with Three for two months now and signal and speeds are excellent.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My speedtest on the other page shows otherwise though. ;)

For you maybe, not for me.

My last Speedtest on Voda produced 128ms ping, 0.94Mbps download and 1.53Mbps upload. That was a good day.

Three today - 99ms ping, 3.16Mbps download, 1.55Mbps upload

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cant tether on tesco though, and by me the signal is worse than O2 (god knows how?)

Revels Mum & Sister
I have been with them all over the years. For me and my area hands down Vodafone are the best. Never had an issue with Customer Service. O2 following behind then T-Mobile and lastly Orange who are just plain crap IMO.

I do not have a problem with 3G speeds round here.

Where on earth does all this "no reception in central London" shizzle come from?? Full 3G from the time I leave the office on Euston road to Clapham. No issues with Vodafone what so ever in the 8+ years I've been with them.

Ph2 172
I've been with Vodafone for years, and had an iPhone with them since they first got them in Jan 2010. I'd say they are a good "phone" network, but for me, not a good "data" network at all. Even with full 3G sat at my desk at work, I get around 1-1.5mb/s download on the speed test app. Mate on O2 on next desk gets around 3mb. I can't use the Sky Go app at all, not watchable, even with good 3G signal. Another guy that works with us has his on "3" and can watch it perfectly. I know this is a data speed issue, as I can watch it fine on my phone when connected to my home WiFi.

Never above 25mpg
86c2842f.jpg

Not bad for countryside! I have to say vodafones network has been fine for me over the years but their customer services lack somewhat!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Did anyone use quidco when they signed up for a 4S on voda?

Its supposed to be £40, but mine is tracking at £130!