ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vodafone, not a great network for iPhone?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with voda. there signal is ok (generally everywhere i go i get at least 2 bars. most places 3 or 4) there customer service is great too.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Girlfriend has had the follow issues:

1) Having to wait 6 months to get any Clubcard points
2) Being billed £1000 for using 3G data while her phone was turned off (in the end turned out to be Tesco admitting it was a billing error) - That took nearly 3 months to fix. Despite the fact that their own terms and conditions state that they will limit your access and contact you as soon as any bill reaches £200. They still tried to take £1000 out of her bank.
3) Support staff on the phone are rude and blame you without investigating
4) The online itemised billing doesn't work at all. Sometimes has a week long lag on it, despite them promising it will be up to date within 4 hours.
5) This morning her iPhone said 'No Signal', she logged into her account and another phone number had been added. She rang up and found they had 'accidentally' ported someone else's number onto her phone.

She has had no compensation for any of this.

Plus loads more issues, Google around. They are known for being the worst network in the country.

An update on this, girlfriend just text me to say they have released her from the contract. Unlocked her phone and given her some PAYG credit so she can find a new provider. Result I reckon.

I'm not sure on the quality of that app tbh, still seems slower to load data than my o2 handset.

Even if it isn't that reliable, surely it gives a good indication of Voda vs O2? When we meat we'll compare. Phones too.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I moved from Voda to Orange. Reception is fine, cust serv is nice. They gave me credit when i complained etc.

Mercedes
I find it's good when you have 3G but dont always when you should really,for example sat in Manchester in the MEN arena nothing, orange and O2 perfect. At home in the country perfect

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I find it's good when you have 3G but dont always when you should really,for example sat in Manchester in the MEN arena nothing, orange and O2 perfect. At home in the country perfect

MEN arena is a steel framed/roofed building. Do you know what a Faraday Cage is? O2/Orange may have masts/repeaters inside the building.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i think my battery is on its way out. it wont fully charge, at all. it gets stuck on 96% and takes 20 / 30 mins to rise to 97%. can you change the batteries in these?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
That's For the guides mike. I am going to keep running the battery flat and going for full charges for a couple more days. My battery life is extending gradually.

If it keeps getting stuck or not fully charging I will swap the battery for a new one or go to apple for another handset.