ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo 940 ‘sports edition’

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes, I am a back with another volvo purchase and in true volvo style I bought it without seeing it on the strength of some pretty dog s**t pictures.

It’s a 1996 940 2.3 turbo sports edition.

As it’s the sports edition it comes with some nice bits. Galaxy alloy wheels, black leather interior, locking diff, rear sthicker ARB, up rated suspension to name but a few.

It has also come with some pretty terminal rust issues on the rear jacking point / sill. I’m waiting for the local weld dude to tell me if it’s fixable and if not I’ll have to break it.

Here is is getting dropped off.

50A06226-DFF0-4C1A-885F-6456BDDCD092.jpeg

Proudly parked at the road side....

AAA4908A-0436-4A66-9387-C05CCCB27684.jpeg

The bonnet and roof are toast and need a full paint but it didn’t stop me polishing the half decent bits.
0B874D75-9C05-4F75-9452-CB2A183315D7.jpeg

Galaxy wheel fwend;

6E47CE76-8E4F-4722-90F6-220A8AC4B0C1.jpeg

plans are initially to get the wheels refurbed and see if we can salvage the volvo - if not I’ll have to have a bit of a breaking session.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The back looks way higher than the front?

Has it been dropped at the front but not the back?

Drag race spec innit.

It’s got new ish springs on the back so I’m guessing they’ve put standard 940 springs on there and not lowered ones.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That Touareg looks as though the front is about to lift off the ground with the weight of that thing😂

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Do you think you’ll move onto another marque eventually? Can’t be fun just looking at Volvos every time. Especially as they all look the same 😂
I know why Jim does it tbh, I try and stick with what I know which is Renaults, I know the value, faults, fixes and which audience they appeal to

Give me a Fiesta and I'd struggle or have to do a lot of research!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you think you’ll move onto another marque eventually? Can’t be fun just looking at Volvos every time. Especially as they all look the same 😂

I don’t know, in the last 18 months I’ve had a t25 single cab, t25 double cab, t25 panel van plus about 8 motorcycles. Oh and the forester, and the vxr8 and let’s not forget the immense Peugeot 405.