ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VOLVO TURBO POWERED MK2 CLIO

clio turbo
as if you got the volvo for £10, i would of driven it as a daily! volvo's ftw! :D

Honest i did, bought a 480 with a private plate still on it for £10, i would have never gone on the road the drivers inner wing was the corroded the chassis rail snapped in half, the rear quarter panels where that rotten u could see the floor when u was sat in the back lol..

Best place for it is in my mk2 clio... Where no one will expect it... :rasp:

clio turbo
Good news is my flywheel and ecu's and sports clutch should be here on tuesday, so hopefully this weekend i should have some gears and movement on it's own steam... :rasp:

clio turbo
Had alot of progress but not much that pic's can explain really..

Got my new volvo flywheel and 215 mm clutch fitted
100_0975.jpg

Got all the loom in and cabled tied in nice and neat around engine and rad etc.. Got all the coolant system sorted and a nice warm heater inside..

100_0984.jpg

100_0985.jpg

I got alot more dun today but havent got round to taking pictures yet.. Got the exhaust and drive shafts left to fit now i have a question about the exhaust but ill ask that in the tech section as im unsure which route to take...

Comments and thoughts welcome

clio turbo
Plenty of progress, i removed the top half of the dash and wired all my gauges in and rev counter wires..
100_0994.jpg

100_0995.jpg

And all finished
100_1001.jpg

Engine bay is nearly all done, just have to buy a filter and wire in the fan on it's own circuit..

100_0998.jpg

100_1005.jpg

Got my down pipe and cat on ready for mot just need to make the rest of the system but unsure what the best approach is...

Good news is I made it on a 3 mile test drive, very impressed with the power and the fact that every thing works, all gauges, brakes, gears, steering the lot.. Just got a very slight water leak off the back of the turbo, i had to bend the water outlet pipe round so it cleared the speed sensor but i think the banjo fitting on the end may be split or bent causing it to not seal properly but appart from that every thing else seams fine...

100_1003.jpg

15" wheels, bigger brakes and lowering is next on cards ;)

clio turbo
you keeping the exterior sleeper style??

Yup, going for sum 15" laguna steels painted gloss black, lowered 60mm a good polish and clean and prob get the door step painted as it has a few chips on it appart from that it's gonna be bulk standard inside and out..

wow sleeper as f**k.

What's it like speed wise?

Best way is a sleeper, no one expects a 1.4 rt to move like this baby does lol...

Never wanted to push it as it is it's first run since the whole build and alot of stuff has been off it and alot of wiring took place too, just wanted to see what it drove like, i remember doing 70 in 3 rd still pulling but it sounds nice under load... Gonna sort exhaust out this week and sort water leak out then it's mot time..
Also sent my ecu off to be rich modded so should see 175 bhp to 185 bhp, but i'll get it rollered after work is complete...

crackin good job.

Thank you, i wanted to take my time and do every thing proper first time, i want to be able to get in it and use it every day if i wanted to so reliability was the main factor, pretty pleased with the out come and so far the final cost for every thing inc the clio its self is still under £500 so very pleased...

Awesome mate, proper 'street sleeper'

A wolf in sheeps clothing lol :lolup:

clio turbo
well u say that but it's only what i have learnt as i go along, plenty of research is really the main factor.
I still have plenty to do but im in no rush, gotta pace meself so every thing gets done right first time then i know every thing will work and last for years.

Power steering is proving a pain in the arse, i was wondering if it possible to dissconnect the pipes and remove the pump and just use power steering rack as a manual one... Or will it damage it ? Had alot of mixed ideas on this and unsure what to do ?

clio turbo
Power steering is proving a pain in the arse, i was wondering if it possible to dissconnect the pipes and remove the pump and just use power steering rack as a manual one... Or will it damage it ? Had alot of mixed ideas on this and unsure what to do ?

still need ideas on power steering people, any help would be great.. ;)

clio turbo
215mm clutch? i have had bigger craps.

That is a fair size plate mate, 200 mm is the common but i upgraded both clutch and flywheel to 215mm.. Big and strong enough to take 220 bhp im only running 180 bhp with my rich mod ecu,filter and exhaust...:cool:

So does any one know if i have to change my coloum aswell as the rack ?

clio turbo
This is now for sale as a complete car or i will remove engine and gear box etc and sell running gear as a job lot.. Please see the for sale section....