ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vvt solenoid seal help!!

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
I went to change my vvt solenoid seal as it was leaking oil and looked like it had been for a while. Upon going to pull the old (and rotten) seal out, the visible top lip all peeled off leaving the main part stuck in the circular gap/crevice. Any ideas on how to get the rest of it out? Its hard to get anything down the tiny gap to try and hook it out and I'm not sure i want to risk it with wd40 unless its my only option :/
thanks

dan's cast offs.
if you can't get hold of a seal puller try a decent sized flat blade screwdriver between the lip of the outer and the inner face on the cam cover and twist gently. the outer is only thin and should come out easily enough.

have you got the spring out of the seal?

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
thanks for the advice. after about 2-3 hours of trying to get it to detach from the metal (seemed to be welded on) with a variety of tools, it finally came out :)

dan's cast offs.
no worries, never had a problem getting them out, although i'm sure i've just cursed myself now;)