ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Bora - Winter Gathering - New Wheels!

Bora.
My first car, from how i got it to how it is atm:

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

dirtyclio2.jpg

cliodirty.jpg

The replacement:

2003 2 litre manual bora

PICT0274.jpg

PICT0272-1.jpg

PICT0271.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Re: Upgrade Time! Clio to a Bora

Ah too bad it's an S, so steels, black trims etc, but on the plus side it looks in very good condition!

Mk5 golf gti

upgrade? prefered the clio :) even if you do mod the bora

be a good project though

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

I like boras. Would never have the 2.0 8v though. Should have got the v5 or a tdi.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

The borbets going on the Bora?

Bora.

Since I have not long turned 19, a TD was gonna be more to insure than a petrol and I got a price of £3.5k for insurance on a v5, the bora will be colour coded, us front bumper, coilies or wait and save for air and sitting on dished or concave alloys. I lost love for the Clio after someone dented in the rear arch.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Oh hi! I feel like I should be here :).

Need any help drop me a shout, had two of these things now so know the ins and outs. Personally would have avoided this engine, I had the 1.6 16v at 17 and not only was it cheap to insure but performance wise it was about on par with the 2.0 8v. Same with MPG too. Also, if you got the S TDI 100 it's cheaper to insure! I know what you mean about the insurance though, my Sport TDI is f**king ridiculous (£1100 12 months FC at 19 years old).

And never diss the S spec! Unlike Golfs, Boras have AC and leccy windows standard. Also the Net Optix Trim looks 100x better than the faux wood I have in mine. Seats look funky too. In the US they love the black plastic trim too believe it or not!

My old 1.6 S.

5491842515_6e264a41ab.jpg

DSC_0002 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Bora.

And I think 15s would be a tad small on the bora.

Im £2000 tpft on the bora, all diesels were £2.5+
the car has the leccy windows all round AC, electric mirrors, heated seats, 6 CD changer in dash, so despite it being an s it's well spec'd. Thanks Jason, will pm you if I have any questions about it :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

The 17's I have on mine are technically too small. Cant even begin to imagine 15's LOL.

16's....

DCLEAUG090023.jpg

:dead:

Bora.

Feels much safer in the bora than the clio, and the power difference between 75bhp and 115bhp is very noticable.

16s would be the smallest I went with wheels, the 15s would look out of place and 8j may be lost in the arches

320d

I like Bora's, much better alternative to a Golf. Shame about the engine but you had your reasons. Enjoy it mate.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Bora's ftw. I saw my old one on the road yesterday and it's looked awesome.

Fiesta ST-3

Bora's ftw. I saw my old one on the road yesterday and it's looked awesome.

That's because it is awesome!

Allan I thought Borbets were 16's? Didn't realise you could get them in 15.
Go 17's for sure on the Bora.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

What sort of MPG do you get from it? Looks in great condition but also looks incredibly boring.

Bora.

Not sure about mpg yet, it's getting taxed first thing tomorrow when the post office is open, only drive it a mile or 2 on the test drive, hopefully won't look too boring after I get the modding bug for it.

Never above 25mpg

Would've definitely gone for the V5 myself! Let's see what you do with it :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Would've definitely gone for the V5 myself! Let's see what you do with it :)

Its all about the Bora 1.8T. Rare and quick with a few simple tweaks. Nobody ever expects a quick Bora..haha

Bora.

Bought a cup holder from you pull it in inverkiething for £6 :), a 1.8 T was what I ideally wanted due to the ability to easily get power increases but insurance ruined that plan.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

What sort of MPG do you get from it? Looks in great condition but also looks incredibly boring.

They are poop on MPG, my mate had one, 25ish average, as low as 22.

Highest we had was 34 IIRC

still a great car though, his bora was my first taste of german. quality was great, and it was only a bora!

I had a 2.0 8v mk4 Golf for a few months a little while ago. Nice cars and a nice place to be just not very quick.

Been looking at VAGs again recently, something with the 1.8T engine in though

Bora.

How fast are you planning to mod this one? Slow process or starting to gather the bits? I do love a good Bora. I should have sold mine to someone far far away as i keep seeing it.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/340810_325888570768085_1469502368_o.jpg

Will be slow progress on it, due to saving up for the things I want for it, being a student and not having a job is the worst ever.

My mpg is sitting at 33mpg ATM, lowest it's ever been in the past week is 32mpg.

Bora.

So got a lovely present from my girlfriend, BBS 2 piece split rims :D!

e7d53eca.gif

2 are split up and another 2 to do still, unsure on the colours I'm going to do them, they are 18" 8j et20 front and 9j et24 rear.

Ordering coilovers at the start of next month to get her sitting much lower.

BlackGold 182

£2k insurance on a 2.0 8v!! Your mad And they're gonna rape you more when coilovers and wheels are on

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Do a fresh silver imo. Or Polished dishes with anth centres.

Bora.

£1700 on insurance, i paid £2k for the clio for my first year so for a better spec and a tad more power im paying less than i was.

Im totally unsure on colour, they dish is kerbed and has some corrosion so unsure if i will be able to polish them of have to fill the kerbing and paint them a colour.

Bora.
Re: Bora With Genuine BBS splits

They came off a bmw 5 series, accoring to the person i got them off they were a £5k optional extra, and accoring to the old woman in the alloy refurb place they were around £550 per wheel when they first came out, my girlfriend paid very very little for the wheels even though they are genuine.