ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Bora - Winter Gathering - New Wheels!

Bora.
Re: Bora With Genuine BBS splits

It will be lower again in 2013 and sitting pretty, just gathering parts to go low properly now, and I still have the wheels, will take £550 for them now lol and that's me taking a loss on them.

Bora.

Lots of changes planned for this over winter..

null-3.jpg

New wheels...
Ordering tyres very soon
And ordering 25mm engine raisers to give more clearance

Already ordered a US spec front strip
Crystal side markers in the post
Head headlight bulbs in the post (osrams)
New gear stick gator
Door delock kit

Already has the standard grill back on and looking for a black rear bump strip to keep with my pov spec look.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5

Just to clarify...

This Bora has still never actually had those BBS wheels on?

Bora.

Had them on as a trial fit, never bought adapters to fit the properly. i have emailed one of the mods to have the title changed but hasnt happened.

Nope not landrover wheels, but a similar design to them.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
I seriously miss my bora, Tdci 115 remapped to about 150
IMG00065-20110702-1526.jpg

IMG-20110401-00524.jpg

Way back when sticker bombing was still cool!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You won't need engine spacers on a petrol. I had 15mm on my gttdi golf and that was more than enough and it was extremely, extremely low.

Bora.
Yeah they are 3SDM 0.05s

And engine spacers are a big requirement! I smashed 2 sumps already at that height, and the height the bora will be sitting at after winter will be alot lower than most boras/ golfs unless on air..

heres a pic of the height I'm aiming for..
null-6.jpg

The bora above is on Jom coilovers with 25mm anyone raisers for clearance

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The petrol sumps sit a lot higher than dervs, I'd say my golf was as low as that bora and pushed it on when driving over country roads and i didnt have any sump problems. My mates petrol golf was on air with 15mm spacers and he had no issues whatsoever.

Also I find it very hard to believe you went through two sumps, it's really not that low IMO.

Bora.
You don't need to believe me, I never asked you to lmao, I know what has happened and what parts I have damaged/ replaced on my car.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The petrol sumps sit a lot higher than dervs, I'd say my golf was as low as that bora and pushed it on when driving over country roads and i didnt have any sump problems. My mates petrol golf was on air with 15mm spacers and he had no issues whatsoever.

Also I find it very hard to believe you went through two sumps, it's really not that low IMO.

Really?

f29a2540.jpg

Petrols sumps are still low.

Not a fan of the wheels you've gone for though. Common as muck already.

Bora.
UPDATES!! will let the pictures show whats happened to the car today.

null-8.jpg

The clip holding the passengers side washer cap has broke so looking for a new one.

null-7.jpg

(Delock cap)

null-10.jpg

My bulbs arrived but one was smashed so waiting on replacement being sent out, and also ordered a bike sized front plate for the front of the car.

Turbos.
I like the 3DSM wheel that looks like the Ferrari F40 ones! LOL at being common, not seen a single car with them on. Of course, if you go to a VW meet with a load of other geeks, you're going to see a load of people copying each other...

In fact, get this, i've NEVER seen anything other than a genuine Clio Cup/Trophy with Turinis whilst driving on the road. People get too worried about it; the solution is not spend every weekend in car parks. It doesn't get chicks.

I like the 3DSM wheel that looks like the Ferrari F40 ones! LOL at being common, not seen a single car with them on. Of course, if you go to a VW meet with a load of other geeks, you're going to see a load of people copying each other...

In fact, get this, i've NEVER seen anything other than a genuine Clio Cup/Trophy with Turinis whilst driving on the road. People get too worried about it; the solution is not spend every weekend in car parks. It doesn't get chicks.

3SDM 0.05

Awesome wheels, very well priced too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Lol at them not being common just because you havent seen them. I know of at least 5 cars with them already and theyve not been out long.

They look ok on Bora's but then i cant say much having CH's.

7985950109_acbed98b32_b.jpg

Bora.
Lol at them not being common just because you havent seen them. I know of at least 5 cars with them already and theyve not been out long.

They look ok on Bora's but then i cant say much having CH's.

7985950109_acbed98b32_b.jpg

Im not building the car to be different or to be "scene", I like the simplistic design of the wheel and with a better stance than the black bore I think I will be able to pull them off, the wheels won't be going on until after winter so by then the wheels will be the next CH's no doubt

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I think they are a bit to chunky for the lines of the Bora.. Il happily be proved wrong though!

Bora.
null-15.jpg

null-12.jpg

As I said, the wheels suit it a lot more when the car is sitting better on them, the above picture is the first bora in the UK to have these wheels on, the large tyres and lack of stance doesn't do anything for the car, so it that's the type of boras I'm up against on 3sdms then with the right 'stance' mine will look lots better

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Your hoping for fitment like that without air? You've got not chance of being that low and drivable on Joms. The frame must be about 1cm off the ground in that pic and so it'd be a nightmare without adjustable damping.

Also, looks like you have quite a low offset?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not to mention a chassis and possible steering rack notch. JOMs are very crashy also.

Bora.
Chassis notch and 25mm engine raisers are planned for the bora, to help with ground clearance, the ET of the 3SDMs are 35 so not too low, once, the car has been lowered again, i will see if spacers are needed.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the width of the wheels? My CH's we 9's all round on a ET35 and i had to have spacers on the front to clear the shock. At the above height i wouldnt worry about the sump, the subframe will be on the ground.

Bora.
8.5j front 9.5j rear ET 35 all round

With the engine spacers the sump should be safe, it's the subframe that will take a beating more than anything.