ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Golf GTI

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ok Cheers will have a look. Those springs I fitted are wrong. Would you have a part number atall?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
That's weird because the when I looked on autodoc and the link you sent the part number matched so did they send you the wrong one?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Do you know much about the apex for these. Reading and the reviews seem good. They make amax springs too which are cheaper.

H&r get a good shout but £180 ish

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@imprezaworks how do you know its wrong? It could be right and the others on your car are wrong? Apex are ok, they are just a but budget. H&R, Eibach and VWR would be my preferred choices

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_20200603_110351.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer that doesnt look right to me, Eibach do two sets one for dsg and one for manual so maybe that's what's happened here not sure. Either way you need to change it.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Good man! You wont regret it. Would of liked to go for the VWR shock and spring kit myself but didnt want to keep adding to the cost of parts. I'm sure standard setup is fine for the roads.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm off tomorrow but getting them fitted and tracking done. Then putting in a labour claim for the original spring fitment

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
This was the first pic. Took a min to realise the joke. Said the rear springs seemed wrong. Had a jack under the car lol
Screenshot_20200604_174621_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got around to replacing the trim on the drivers side. What a b*****d plastic soldering the new bracket in....

20200605_142925.jpg
20200605_152423.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
So satisfying though isn't it. This is partly why I prefer older cars lol. I've just replaced my gear knob and glovebox with new OEM items - Love it! It's those little hard to find bits that drive me mad though.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
So satisfying though isn't it. This is partly why I prefer older cars lol. I've just replaced my gear knob and glovebox with new OEM items - Love it! It's those little hard to find bits that drive me mad though.

Yer it would bug me if I left it. You spend the majority of time inside so might as well make it nice so I'm glad I sorted it, the dsg surround is a pain tho as you have to buy the whole thing including the gear knob so may look at plastidip or something.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Set to stock if they can even adjust it at all.

Rear end is notorious for rusting up and refusing to budge.