ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

W hat suspension is this?

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
Hi,

Having been involved with VAG cars for years [Mk1 Golf track day cars] I have recently purchased an ex Mark Fish Motorsport 182 and have contacted them regarding the spec/history but have had no response.

I am therefore new to Clios so hoping to understand the car a bit better. I believe it has Vibratechnic's solid mounts on offside/engine and nearside gearbox but its also got what I think are solid top strut mounts fixed at four points with a bearing that allows for camber only.

Looked on here and on the interweb but cant see another example like it - anyone here shed any light?

IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0892.JPG
IMG_0893.JPG

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Yes you’re right. The solid top mounts don’t really add any camber. For camber you would use camber bolts in the bottom suspension mount.

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
Not seen a top mount like it - and cant find a similar example on the internet. Its a solid mount on the car presumably accepted by scrutineers for the Clio Championship so wondered if anyone recognises it and can tell me who made it/supplied it?

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Not seen a top mount like it - and cant find a similar example on the internet. Its a solid mount on the car presumably accepted by scrutineers for the Clio Championship so wondered if anyone recognises it and can tell me who made it/supplied it?
These were Mark Fish's own design solid top mounts. He sold a few some years back. I have a set on my race car that have been on there since I bought it in 2013 and they're still good. Over engineered and excellent quality!

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
Thanks for the update. Interesting to know what they are and who supplied them :)