ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wait for the Recaros . . . . .

Ordered my new 182 with the Recaro Pack in the middle of February told it would be here by the middle of March. Then i was told renault had made a mistake and put the option in the brochure too early and that it wouldnt be here till the 1st of April. I was then called amd told there was a further delay and it would not be ready till the 14th of April. Today i had a call telling me there was a back log of orders to have them fitted and it wont be here till the 3rd of May!!!!!!!!

This is getting beyond a joke now and im really thinking about cancelling it all together. Anyone else having same problem????

Ziel Nurburgring

Mate, renault hardly ever meet the promised delivery date. If they say one date, add 6 weeks to it and your usually about right. Sometimes you get flukey, but it depends on how many strikes, smokes and coffee breaks the monkeys in dieppe want to take.

As blink says mine took over 3 months to finally arrive after being told it would only be 6 weeks max.

seems ity may only be the r-sport cars that never meet their delivery dates

my old clio was delivered bang on time, exact day as i was told when i ordered it

Weeman sucks ****

My mates just ordered a 182 cup from tonbridge renault, hes in mexico at the moment and was due to go and collect it on the 14th next week, apparently its there now ready. quite a contrast, he was told the same about the seats. they wont happen for ages.

Megane R26

my 182 was ready on time, no delay. I think its something to do with the seats messing the delivery date up. by the time the option is properly available, well be looking at the new shape clio!

this is the usual Renault delay...

youll just need to be patient - the car is worth the wait! ;)

My 1.2 16V was late. i sold my R5 the day before i was due to collect it and then got a phone call from Renault to say the car isnt even in the country yet. I complained to them saying that they should have called me sooner as i have just sold my current car and have a 30 minute drive to work each day.

They gave me a complete sh*tter to use to get to work and back until my car turned up. 2 weeks later it went back, but with added blood and vomit stains where my girfriend dribbled blood from her mouth after having a wisdom tooth taken out and then chundered out the window 2 minutes from home.

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 06 April 2005

seems ity may only be the r-sport cars that never meet their delivery dates

my old clio was delivered bang on time, exact day as i was told when i ordered it
Not sure about that, my Dynamique took about 9 weeks I think on a 6 week delivery estimate. I assume Renault are making a tidy profit considering all their cars are made to order..?

"that could have been in your new car mate!!"

too right.

it was funny when it happen though. she mumbled something about going to thow up so i just pulled into a bus stop that we were approaching and pushed her sideways so her head was out the window! she wasnt to happy that i just shoved out the window, but after she had recovered she looked back on it and laughed :D

Quote: Originally posted by weaver on 06 April 2005

Ordered my new 182 with the Recaro Pack in the middle of February told it would be here by the middle of March. Then i was told renault had made a mistake and put the option in the brochure too early and that it wouldnt be here till the 1st of April. I was then called amd told there was a further delay and it would not be ready till the 14th of April. Today i had a call telling me there was a back log of orders to have them fitted and it wont be here till the 3rd of May!!!!!!!!

This is getting beyond a joke now and im really thinking about cancelling it all together. Anyone else having same problem????

weaver - sadly the story you have is correct. Hopefully, youll wait and it will be worth it

I hope it is. Ill get the pics up as soon as it arrives now. lol

I have calmed down now and i will wait patiently.

Waiting is not new, I ordered my megane coupe 16v in Jan 98, expecting delivery in 6 weeks. A combination of a strike in Belgium (production was being moved to France), lack of seats, lack of wheels, meant it finally arrived in August 98.

Great car though when it arrived. It went in 2002, when I got the 172.

Enjoy the 182 when it arrives

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by morphed clio on 06 April 2005
"that could have been in your new car mate!!"too right. it was funny when it happen though. she mumbled something about going to thow up so i just pulled into a bus stop that we were approaching and pushed her sideways so her head was out the window! she wasnt to happy that i just shoved out the window, but after she had recovered she looked back on it and laughed :D

thats brilliant, well funny

weaver hope you get it soon, and hope you find it worth the wait.
should of got a willy, no wait for that

Hey, I currently drive a VW Polo GTI company car and am bursting to get my new car this sept. Do any of you know when the 182 goes out of production? Im concious that this current clio has been around for a while. Also, I fancy the Recaro seat pack but have heard theres a long waiting list. Order one now?!?

i know this is an old post but on the renaultsport forum someone from renault is saying thay are now accepting orders for the clio with recaros option :D

mine was expected for +-20 januari and arrived 21 december. Its in Belgium. Nothing was ready (insurance, licenseplate,...) Total surprise

[Edited by Markske1 on 20 April 2005 at 10:47pm]

Got my 182 with cup pack in racing blue within 4 weeks from Inchcape Renault in Southampton.12.5k.Kept me updated every week regarding delivery.Spot on.Highly reccomended.
Oh yeh.Dixon Renault in Hull tryed to do me for £15195 on the road!
To**ers!