ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanted a m3 but....

impreza p1
i cant get a clio v6 out of my head.

i'm looking to spend between 14-17k on a new car, its between a e46 m3 and clio v6, what would you go for and why?

are the v6's likely to lose much money compared to the m3?

running costs are very similar but think i know which will get the most looks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you buy a V6 right, then you will not lose any mmoney at all. M3's are ten a penny so will depreciate.

My mate bought a 55 plate one for £6000 under glasses guide trade 1 yr ago and has just sold it and only just managed to get his money back!!

M3 is a much better car though.

imo
v6 cz its rare and has the road presence

bm's are a bit common nowadays. . .getting kinda old aswel 51plates :/
though i would still own one, might choose over the v6 though, dont think its practical to have a 2 seater unless you have another car. . .

Shed.
V6 - A french piece of s**t which is actually pretty embarasing and slow. Piss poor build quality and very poor fuel useage. people who do not know what the car is will think its a clio with body kit. £14k for a f**king clio ? i dont think so.....pieces of plastic s**t i hate them.

M3 - Although i detest BMW's and the idiots that drive them, this is the only BMW i like. Id take one over a V6 anyday, interior os nicer and the engine is better. 3.2 straight 6 with [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]343 bhp at 7900 rpm and 4.8 to 60mph.

Slow ass shitty clio, or better, faster and decent looking BMW.
[/FONT]

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I can feel the love :)

V6 - A french piece of s**t which is actually pretty embarasing and slow. Piss poor build quality and very poor fuel useage. people who do not know what the car is will think its a clio with body kit. £14k for a f**king clio ? i dont think so.....pieces of plastic s**t i hate them.

M3 - Although i detest BMW's and the idiots that drive them, this is the only BMW i like. Id take one over a V6 anyday, interior os nicer and the engine is better. 3.2 straight 6 with [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]343 bhp at 7900 rpm and 4.8 to 60mph.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Slow ass s**tty clio, or better, faster and decent looking BMW.[/FONT]

Mk4 .:R32
i love M3's, but I think to own one, it'd have to be a CSL. But they are like 30k.

I'd go for a mint vee for around 15k

Shed.
f**k the V6 lol. Something with relativly good build quality or something which has come out of a cerial box ?????????

Hmmmmmmm i wonder.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Look like you sold an extra house or two this year and got your yuppie bonus, or look like you know something about cars and want to drive somthing different that's challenging to drive and live with, but that gets under your skin and makes you want to drive just for the sake of it...

Why does build quality matter to you so much Michael172?

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Yeah, but why does it matter to you so much? No one's ever made out like they're hewn from granite, you pays your money, you makes your choice...

182 Cup
Isn't extending the warrenty on an M3 ment to be silly money? Something to do with the engine being stretched to it's limit? I'd have the M3 every time at for that money or maybe a Skyline.

Clio Dynamique
m3 hands down yes they mite be common but v6 are not worth the money i cant believe you even have to think about this and tbh so what if the m3s are common you wouldnt buy an amazing car just because other people have them?

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
In 20 years time, the E46 will be all but forgotten, it's nowhere near being the best M car that BMW have made. The Clio V6 will be a classic. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.
If you're going to get a Beemer, get one of the V8 M5's...

M3 - Although i detest BMW's and the idiots that drive them, this is the only BMW i like. Id take one over a V6 anyday, interior os nicer and the engine is better. 3.2 straight 6 with [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]343 bhp at 7900 rpm and 4.8 to 60mph.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Slow ass s**tty clio, or better, faster and decent looking BMW.[/FONT]

Have you ever been in or driven both ?? I guess not. I bet you've never even looked at both either.
A vee will do 60 in under 6 secs - but of course they are slow aren't they lol. ok so it's not as quick as the M3 - but slow, I don't think so.

f**k the V6 lol. Something with relativly good build quality or something which has come out of a cerial box ?????????

Hmmmmmmm i wonder.

hmm, as for build quality, a vee is a lot better put together than a normal clio that's for sure.

You also appear to have a 1.2 clio - yet want to give out advice ??
Turn it in FFS !!!:mad:

I hate clio V6's. and the clio has appauling build quality.

Forgot to quote this bit too. They don't have appauling build quality at all.

in fact, I can almost smell the jealousy. So why don't you & your car just run along now.

You can't even get your username right FFS !!!

Turbos.
They are totally different cars really. I believe in a few years once second hand E92 M3s drop in price then the E46 will start to gain a worse status, as with the E36.

The Clio will always stand out as something a bit special, because it is. It's unique, and outrageous, what car enthusiasts love. Thing is, it lacks in substance and i knew i'd get bored of a car that ultimately couldn't deliver. If you exclude looks, the M3 wipes the floor with the Vee in every other area. I would still own a V6, to say i had one, even if it was for just 6 months! I will always admire them and all who own them.

BTW, budget £20k for a M3. All this talk of cheap M3s is nonsense, you get what you pay for - a dog. I'd say a warranty is essential on them, too much to go wrong! Good thing is that the warranties have actually come down in price, they're only a bit more than aftermarket ones and are very comprehensive.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
I hate clio V6's. and the clio has appauling build quality.

Forgot to quote this bit too. They don't have appauling build quality at all.

in fact, I can almost smell the jealousy. So why don't you & your car just run along now.

You can't even get your username right FFS !!!

+1

Will have to remember to ask him advice on my next car.

APR LCR225
Have you ever been in or driven both ?? I guess not. I bet you've never even looked at both either.
A vee will do 60 in under 6 secs - but of course they are slow aren't they lol. ok so it's not as quick as the M3 - but slow, I don't think so.

Hmmmmmmm i wonder.

hmm, as for build quality, a vee is a lot better put together than a normal clio that's for sure.

You also appear to have a 1.2 clio - yet want to give out advice ??
Turn it in FFS !!!:mad:

Second that... bleeding:clown:

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
m3 as it is more of an every day car. although v6 is rare! but at the end of the day its a bmw!

BMW M135i
The M3 is a lot more usable day to day than the V6 and its the better performer, but I would probably still have the V6 simply because it feels a little bit special to me personally. Can't afford either so just dreaming anyway :).

Build quality blah blah whatever, i've had 3 Clios now I don't give a s**t.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Lol. i love winding the cs members up.

Still a s**t car.

Your jealousy makes me feel important. The fact you look up to us V6 owners so much, you have to post abuse about a car I'll willing to bet pounds to Lira you've never even sat in.

Awesome.

To the OP - The M3 is the better car purely from a technical point of view - no one here will argue that. The Vee has loads more road presence and will get you many, many more looks. Also, if hooning around is your thing, getting the most out of the Vee will be a LOT more of a challenge. Also, the reliability for a hand made low volume job, is very impressive. Aside from the relatively common coil issues (but they're only £20 each anyway), there are very, very few actual reliability issues reported on V6Clio.net. You should go over there and have a read, you'll get a lot more informed opinions from actual owners . Obviously we're all a bit leaning towards our vees - but you'll be able to read about peoples actual experiences and ownership know how. Instead of listening to jealous chavs like Michael.

Dan

my two cents worth..... :)

1.Micheal1.2 seems to know s**t all about V6's? ;)

2.here's something to ponder......Heard lots of people on here over the years go on about how the Clio V6 is only 1s faster to 60mph and 3s faster to 100mph than the 182 is and therefore slow, so best to get a 182....
but, the M3 is only 1s faster to 60mph and 3s faster to 100mph than the V6, does that mean the M3 is NOT worth having also and best get a V6... lol ;)

Simon

Mate, I would try the V6 for a while and if it doesn't suit you, get an M3, there are plenty of them for sale these days, not so many V6 around, but then there are only 350 in the uk, nice and exclusive.... :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Micheal ur a c**k whats the point? knob!:mad:

LOL spot the v6 haters- or are they secret lovers- I love how some people seem to who everything about them after they peered into one at a motor show or their ff shite got blown away by one-

My only comment would be with 17k wont be buying you the best- your paying top dollar- but not getting the A1 model which is either a LY or Inferno-

If your happy with the regular 3 colours like blue, black or silver then pay around 14k & get a 54 plate model-
you can then have some change in the bank-
Looking at Ps at the moment all the blue ones are overpriced-
ideally a 54 plate with 20k miles excellent cond should be pickedup for 15k-- set your target there-

Only pay up the top money for the top spec- there is however a queue as long as your arm for the 2/3 premium colours-

S

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Hmmm, personally I'd aim for around £16k, and get a really nice Black Gold one, £15k is only just into nice one money, more slightly iffy ones than good ones there IMHO. It's the kinda car where it really pays to get a nice one as repairing stuff like bodged bodywork can be tricky and expensive.

Steve, your Asbo the orange one with the big BBS wheels? Get some pics up :p

Dan

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hmmm, personally I'd aim for around £16k, and get a really nice Black Gold one, £15k is only just into nice one money, more slightly iffy ones than good ones there IMHO. It's the kinda car where it really pays to get a nice one as repairing stuff like bodged bodywork can be tricky and expensive.

Dan

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs226&d=08154&f=img_0974613.jpg

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs226&d=08154&f=img_0977253.jpg

S

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Dan

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs226&d=08154&f=img_0974613.jpg

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs226&d=08154&f=img_0977253.jpg

S

*dribbles on the wheels*

Clio 172 mk2
I'd have a V6 over an M3 anyday as I hate BMWs but then again I'd have an R32 over the pair of them:D

williams 2 turbo
thing is an m3 doesnt have indicators. in 15 years of driving ive never seen an m3 with them. and the interior glass must be really bad for the driver, cos every one i see has fog lights on. You dont buy a v6 for the build quality, or speed, you buy it so when its in a car park people come and talk about it, it gets noticed. m3 owners just tend to get various hand signals when cutting people up.