ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WANTED ASAP - Clio 1.4 RT Engine '91-'92 Help!

Can anyone in the Birmingham area please help?

I need a engine for a 1.4 Renault Clio RT J Reg '91-92. If anyone could help me in my search id really appreciatte it. Help/advise etc.

Car's currently at the garage and need to get one in good nick at a good price if possible.

Thanks, Jo.

Been quoted £190 for one with 70k on the clock including delivery - is this a decent price? Just scared of gettin done on this!

Ive also been quoted the following;

£190 Engine (Inc Delivery)
£150 Engine Fitted
£200 MOT/Labour (Various bits need doin, brak pipes, few leaks at front etc.)
£60 New Cambelt (recommended) & Service (New Oil etc.)

Grand Total: £600

Need your help and advice please folks. Thanks, Jo.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
You can pick up one for nearly that price anyway, in good nick aswell, f**k doing all this to that car..

S2000
personally I would say you might be as well spending that on another car, unless the rest of the car is mint in terms of bodywork etc and you have done other work to it. As for the engine, they can be picked up for £50 in OK nick, but if you are looking for one quickly then you might have to pay a little more.

The problem is I really cant afford a new motor, finance just isnt an option at the moment - this time next year will be a different story.

I realise most will be scratching their heads thinkin what am I doing, but other than the minor things required to get it through the MOT and the engine prob - caused by the head gasket goin the car is in good nick, especially from an appearance point of view.

The place i'll prob be getting the engine from has a few ranging from £100-£150 with mileages ranging from 65,000-100,000 miles - with the most expensive probably being my best option. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought of the other prices I had been quoted?

Cheers for the replies lads.

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Have you got any mechanical knowlege because its not really that much to swap like for like! Have you tried down a scrap yard? you should be able to pick them up for around 50quid upwards for a good enough engine!

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
I will sell you my mk1 1.4 RT 1992 for £250 (minus the Williams Wings or add £40 for them)

It will need a respray but if you are only after an engine...

It's on SORN at the moment... it was a project but lack of cash has pretty much halted it

Last edited:

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
break the car, sell it for parts.... you can make a easy 300 from parts and for the 600 you were going to put in to the car for a new engine, add it to the pats money and hey presto a easy, good nice car can be picked up for 900 :)