ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanting help with slr cammra

Striped track ****
hi got a nikon d40x slr cammra and want to be able to take some class night shoots with blury lights ect

what sort of settings should i be using to get good night shoots

and alos what lense i have got a 18-55mm 55-200mm and a 70-300mm lense and a sb 400 speed light dunno if its needed or not

im gussing im gonna needed to buy a tripod to achive good pictures

this is the sort of pictures im trying to produce all help appreciated

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

Striped track ****
cheers mate helpfull link its anoying coz got all the gear just aint got a bloddy clue how to use it

Rally bus
Tripod, shutter priority mode, various exposures (up to 30 seconds), white balance set to whatever the light source is, low ISO.

Second pic looks like it may have a starburst filter on it.

find some shots that are what your after and I'll see if I/others can work it out...

My bad, thought those were your pictures at the start! Get an EXIF reader and look at the image data!

So yeah, Tripod essential. Use aperture priority and meter for the cars, they look very dark in those pictures. Shoot in M ideally and adjust. Use RAW as well if possible, street lights leave a horrible yellow you may be able to minimise after.

p.s. only had 1 go at a car shoot and it was to dark but don't be afraid to mess around...

IMG_1595-PS-2.jpg

IMG_1594-PS.jpg

IMG_1589-PS.jpg

IMG_1582-PS.jpg

Last edited:
  Striped track ****
cheers going to have a play other the weekend ill show ya what i can come up with