ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wanting the cup susp feel

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Right ive had a 172 mk2 for around a year now and have just purchased a 172 cup for the misses i have driven a fair bit over the weekend and there seems to be no roll at all! and it seems a lot more sure footed!

What is the change on the cup is it just stiffer springs? i was thinking of going for the 10mm ones as i just want the stiffer ride not the lowered look.

Help or ill have to buy a trophy 182 or a V6 lol

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

i know they have a slighty wider track, but this surely cant make a great deal of diffrence!?

Clio 197

Try and get some cup springs off the FS section if you can.

Ive got eibachs on my cupped 182, but theyre more progressive than the std 172cup springs.

That and some spacers would do nicely?

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

yer i was thinking of eibachs, are they worth it? did you notice a good deal of the roll gone??

How much?

Does it sit at pretty much the same height?

Clio 197

You might get a bit of drop...

Ive got the sportlines on my 182 (25mm drop, and harder).

Approx £130 incl discount from Demon Tweeks AFAIR.

If youre fitting the cup wheels, then you dont need spacers... otherwise, you could play with some.

Everyone Ive spoken to that have Eibachs are impressed by them. Me? I prefer droppage so I got the -40mm Apex springs.

Eibach Pros are about £130 from http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/U color=#0000ffwww.motorsportworld.co.uk/U and TBH I didnt notice much of a drop in ride height in the two cars that Ive seen with them fitted.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

no will keep standard wheels, spacers the way to go then? how big to get it cup track?

Clio 197

ooo.... dunno.

Cup wheel ET approx 37 afaik.

Std wheel ET ? No idea.

The difference between the two, is how big you want your spacers to be.

PS Cup is 100kg lighter, to bear that in mind if youre going down the road of used cup springs.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Yer im pretty clued up on the cup diffrences, more so now i really do love the feel of the cup i was shocked at how good the setup was the normal 172 is no way far off but the lack of roll on the cup, is half the benefit i feel.

I just want the stiffness of the springs i think, however i may upgrade to the trophy very soon.

Tell me about it. I had a spirited drive up to Crail yesterday, hit a few crests and smacked my head of the roof lining a good 2 or 3 times. Not so good. Buckets and harnesses next I think.

Clio 197

Theyre progressive afaik...

... but not as comfy as the eibach pros from what I understand.

EVOgone has the eibach pros on.... and hes about to fit the eibach Sportlines.

I cant wait to get his feedback on the sporlines.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 08 August 2005

Theyre progressive afaik...

... but not as comfy as the eibach pros from what I understand.

EVOgone has the eibach pros on.... and hes about to fit the eibach Sportlines.

I cant wait to get his feedback on the sporlines.

The Pros are excellent for the road and i have the 205 PE2s on. But they are to soft for the track but that may be be the dampers. Putting sportlines and konis on soon so will let you all know.

Has anyone compared Apex -40s against Sportlines?

Id be interested to hear how they compare...

Scotts changing from Pros to Sportlines? Great, Ill see how he gets on then. Will be harder to compare cos hes on 17s though...

Fred, Im already running Apex -40s for the past 8 months, just wondering if the Sportlines are any comfier for what should be a similar drop!