ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warm hatch options? And what to do.

Meg 300Cup
Ok all of the insurance prices so far

Clio 182 - £2403 Too Much
C2 VTS - £1003
Lupo GTI - £1238
Fiesta ZS MK6 - £939
Fiesta ST - £1646 A little too much, im gonna try add some family to the policy, ive fallen in love with this now
106 GTi - £1561
Yaris T Sport - £890
Twingo 133 - £1095
206 GTi - £1888 Too Much
Corsa SRi - £1096
Clio 1.6 - £939
Clio DCi100 - £919
106 Rallye S2 - £1066
Toyota Celica 140 - £1483 Too Much
Focus Zetec 2.0 - £1219

If you can afford the ST.

Said it once or maybe twice... Zetec ZS Jordi will tell you all them about them.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried a Fabia VRS for insurance. Cracking cars, and I'm sure fletcher would agree also.

Again though, I'm a big fan of the fiesta ST, but I suppose it's all down to insurance and running costs at the end of the day.

260% JCW
Fieats Zs as posted before. Not the cheapest but by far the best option IMO.

Throw in some ST lok a like mods, job done.

Clio 172
MKIV Golf GTTDI 150, adda remap and see close to 190 bhp. Can be picked up quite cheap, lots of spec and they go like stink. Oh and its a VW.

Meg 300Cup
Have you tried a Fabia VRS for insurance. Cracking cars, and I'm sure fletcher would agree also.

Again though, I'm a big fan of the fiesta ST, but I suppose it's all down to insurance and running costs at the end of the day.

I tried the VRS Diesel and i think it was like 1500 almost as much as the ST, The ST would be pretty much perfect size and power wise and even better if i could get anywhere near the claimed 38mpg, but if i cant get the insurance down the ZS is still a pretty good car. So many options now, ST, ZS, SRi, C2, Lupo and Clios all good cars.

Does anyone know if its legal if i am the Policy holder and i add say an uncle to my policy, or do named drivers have to be like parents or living with you?

Cheers

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
The T-Sport is an undeniably cheap option. If they're anything like an Ignis they're a treat to drive too, with the added bonus of being Japanese. I bet they hardly use any fuel either and go really well for a 1.5, I'd go and look at one.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Warm-ish = 206 XS!

Twingo GT as mentioned. Fiesta ZS over the Yaris anyday of the week for £50 a year.

I think though the list is a little exhausted now :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Clio 182 - £2403 Too Much
C2 VTS - £1003
Lupo GTI - £1238
Fiesta ZS MK6 - £939
Fiesta ST - £1646 A little too much, im gonna try add some family to the policy, ive fallen in love with this now
106 GTi - £1561
Yaris T Sport - £890
Twingo 133 - £1095
206 GTi - £1888 Too Much
Corsa SRi - £1096
Clio 1.6 - £939
Clio DCi100 - £919
106 Rallye S2 - £1066
Toyota Celica 140 - £1483 Too Much
Focus Zetec 2.0 - £1219

Twingo 133 out of them for me. Maybe the lupo but they are getting on a bit now. Not keen on the mk6 fiesta at all though.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
For me, from that list... Fiesta ZS (Only because the missus has a 07 plate 12k minter and it's been flawless).

Off the list, S1 Rallye 106 in White.

Disastra Coupe
Don't Lupo's also fetch stupid money for what they are? I'm sure last time i looked you'd pay an enormous amount for something with 100k on.

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Seriously...Swift Sport!

The facelifted shape is out now and the sport is coming in January so the older ones from like 06 reg to this year will perhaps drop in price a little. For some reason they are only group 9 insurance! If you spank them they are quick as fook. They also turn heads because they look like a better mini to be honest and the fun you can have on b roads in the swift sport is awesome!

Meg 300Cup
The twingo is out of my price range tbh it was just there as a comparison

Swift isnt a bad looking car and its pretty nippy, i want something that isnt gonna roll through every corner can someone wipe the cars off my list that are gonna handle like s**t please :) lol

C2 VTS - £1003
Lupo GTI - £1238
Fiesta ZS MK6 - £939
106 GTi - £1561
Yaris T Sport - £895
Corsa SRi - £1096
Clio 1.6 - £939
Clio DCi100 - £919
106 Rallye S2 - £1066

Thats your main list really taking out the ones which are to expensive.

Personally I would take the 106GTi out it's a bit dated compared to the others plus the insurance is the same as the car costs. Again if it was me I would count out both clio's.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
C2 VTS - £1003
Lupo GTI - £1238
Fiesta ZS MK6 - £939
106 GTi - £1561
Yaris T Sport - £890
106 Rallye S2 - £1066

Removed the clio's because as standard they will handle like s**t.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
The ugliness of the Ignis is part of the appeal, people think they're sh*t but they're actually awesome.

What is the Swift Sport like on fuel?

Out of the list which ones do you prefer the look of, inside and out. I couldn't live with a car I didn't like the look of.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Spare yourself 10mins and watch this...

Not bad for an ugly-ass 1.5 eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
  E36 M3. 182
I agree with SteBurns on the ugly appeal. Sure, it may not impress the birds/non car savvy mates, but, from the accounts of people whove owned and driven them, youll have the last laugh when it comes to thrashing the thing about..... Function over Form. But as Jay.S says, which one do you like the look of most???

Meg 300Cup
Out of the list which ones do you prefer the look of, inside and out. I couldn't live with a car I didn't like the look of.

Ok from the list you cut down:

C2 VTS - £1003 Like the outside, inside not so much
Lupo GTI - £1238 Good looking apart from its so small
Fiesta ZS MK6 - £939 Beatiful outside, boring inside but solid
Fiesta ST - £1646 same as above
106 GTi - £1561 Good from the outside but probably the worst interior ive ever been in
Yaris T Sport - £895 Just looks like a grannys shopping car to me now
Corsa SRi - £1096 Good looking
Clio 1.6 - £939 Love my clio, not a fan of the roll
Clio DCi100 - £919 same as above
106 Rallye S2 - £1066 same as GTi

We can narrow it down further then.

Take the Yaris out the picture, the GTi/Rallye and the Clio/Clio Dci.

Getting there.