ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning lights after driving in the snow!

We had a lot of snow last night so the clio didnt like the journey into work this morning. I wasnt hopeful about some of the steep hills on route to work but the ESP got me up them, all be it very slowly. However, i've just started the car and have the following warning lights:

ESP, ABS, SERV & STOP

The ESP did take a bit hammering this morning and i got a wiff of burning clutch or brakes! Any idea what i've f**ked? I think i've had this problem before and it was just a dirty sensor, could it be the same problem?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Once you start driving on grippy surface it'll reset it's self.

It's just telling you something is wrong, as I guess the wheels have been spinning with the rear wheels aren't moving

As above or maybe a bit of crap has got into the sensor...think they are like a toothed cog type thing and a laser is aimed at the cog part...if anything is on it it will disrupt the circuit and send a fault.

RSC 182 Cup
best driving in snow with the esp off

Why on earth would you do that? It's designed to save your arse in exactly those conditions!

When I dynoed my 182 I had the fault light lit (forgot to turn the ESP off.) It came good after a while.

S4 Avant
Why on earth would you do that? It's designed to save your arse in exactly those conditions!

When I dynoed my 182 I had the fault light lit (forgot to turn the ESP off.) It came good after a while.

Esp goes mental in the snow, because the car starts sliding everywhere. It's better to have the car under control in the snow, than rely on an electric gizmo

Da

Less
Exactly, switch it off and see the difference!

Gone are the years where people learnt how to drive properly :dapprove: