ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning Lights in 172

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hello all,
Recently my mk2 172 has been flashing a warning light on the dash intermittently, for example, driving up a steep hill, or going around a corner quickly... :eek:

I thought it may be an oil surge, but the oil level is fine, so i've got NO idea what it could be, I thought possibly lambda sensor, but had them checked also.

The lights on the dash say, "STOP" and then an exclamation mark in brackets too " (!) ". It goes away as soon as the load is gone, laterally or up a hill.

Any help would be great, I have an r-sport ecu and a full exhaust from the extractors back (if that helps??!).

thanks,

Karl~

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Sounds like it could be low brake fluid. Check the levels of the fluid. Nearly worn out brake pads can cause this too.

If the fluid level is borderline then going up a hill round a corner quick will cause the level sensor to drop as the fluid moves about in the reservior and then illuminate the warning lights.

Usually you get the ESP light (car with skid marks behind it) illuminate as well as the STOP and (!) lights.