ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty Cover

Wondering if someone can confirm for me, i noticed yesterday that my clio sounded like it was blowing a little from somewhere on the Centre section of the exhaust, its an (02) shape 172, ive had this for about 8 months. First of all, should an exhaust be blowing on a car this age? it only has 11,000 miles on the clock. Will this be covered under warranty or is this classed as wear and tear?.

Or do you just think this is a sign for me to get a nice straight through ???!!

12 month from the manufacturer? or 12 months from getting the car from the garage?

I will be quite happy if i need a new exhaust cause i dont think i could be bothered with having to get my car booked in for a full day at Renault to have some monkey look at it when i could just get a whole new pipe made with a nice backbox! :D

Thanks Lee,

Maybe a trip to TyreSpots in order.

Or would you recommend a different exhaust than Powerflow? bearing in mind that ive just bought a house and im trying to cut costs!

An all too common problem on 172s it seems. I had two standard centre sections go in two years and 36k miles.

See the helpful replies I received to my Exhaust Centre Section topic (http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=47863&PagePosition=180http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=47863&PagePosition=180)

As Lee says, exhaust is only covered for first 12 months (even with a 3 year warranty).

Once out of warranty and after the second replacement went I ended up going for a stainless system. Centre section plus back box was not that much more than centre section on its own from Renault (plus hopefully will last longer and be more attractive for a future owner). Bad points to stainless system = noisy on motorway + every plonker in a Nova suddenly wanted to race me! :cry:

Lee

BMW M2C

No probs.

I went for a Magnex on mine and havent got any complaints. Its probably best to do a search. Powerflow seem to get very mixed reviews on here.

Yeah, seen the mixed reviews, its just i know a guy that works in that dept in the local Tyrespot and i usually get a good deal. After all i need all my money for pots n pans n stuff now! Im all domesticated... Its a pitty cause i could have chose a V6 instead of getting a house!. But i decided i love my 172 too much to let her go now!...

Kev, thanks i will take a look.

Took a look at the previous forum on the exhausts, and i really could not be bothered with argueing with the muppets at Renault, besides i have a temper problem. Especially when it comes to people trying to fill me full of crap about warranties etc.!"

Think i will just go with the Powerflow option cause at least they give a lifetime guarantee.

Know where youre coming from on this one! :mad:

I went with a Scorpion exhaust which was £275 for centre section and rear box. Also guaranteed for life but note that I dont think this covers the internal baffles (the usual things to go) and the guarantee is subject to you getting an approved inspection every year.

Yeah, so im told!

I would rather have an exhaust that you can see as well to be quite honest, rather no have it too loud cause as you say its not nice on long hauls down motorways!.

Ive had powerflows on 2 previous cars and to be quite honest they have been spot on. Not a grumble. Think i can haggle a twin 4 if i ask the lad nicely!

Maybe your right!, sorry had a mad moment there!!

Twin 3.5" sounds good!

Do you think that a twin exit, ie pipe either side will sound cack on a sport?

Or should i just stick with a twin?

Lee

BMW M2C

Its a cat back. At first it was boomy, then it was just how I wanted, then recently its been a little boomy and now its settled down and sounds perfect. Quiet when pottering about but a great roar when you boot it which tails off at high revs.

Cool. I would rather it was quiet pottering about as well to be quite honest cause i dont think the neighbours will be impressed where im moving!.

Want to give a good first impression!