ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty Issue

Clio Sport 182 Trophy
Guys,

The leather Gator has come loose around the Gear stick, tried popping back in and it pops out again! (Common Fault I am told)

Put a drop of super glue on it should hold!

Spoke with Renault and they claim that it might not be covered under warranty! Its manufacturing fault. Its only a 55 Plate.

I told them I will pop by next week when off and they WILL fix it! he said they would take a look and decide if its warranty or not!

Does Renault warranty actually cover anything????

DB

Clio Sport 182 Trophy
According to my local dealer its not, and it cud be classed as wear and tear??? the whole thing come out from the base including its plastic fitting!

Are renault in financial difficulty? is that why they cant fix anything at their own cost???
DB

D

Dani

Don't talk to me about Renault warrenty.:mad: I'm not talking to them at the moment.

Take it in and refuse to leave until they do something about it. That shouldn't be happening on a car that new.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Don't talk to me about Renault warrenty.:mad: I'm not talking to them at the moment.

Take it in and refuse to leave until they do something about it. That shouldn't be happening on a car that new.

Notts or leics by anychance???????

Its difficult o say if its warently or not as Warently wouldn't cover it however under the EU laws stating all products should be suitable for use and since it breaks so commonly then you could well argue its not fit for purpose.

I'd just forget it buy another one not that much and fit it properly yorself.

No point tryng to have a figth with the dealers ring Renault Uk the dealers don't reserve the problems they are only there to do the work and them claim the money from enault Uk warently depeartments so demaing its done well the dealers stuck why should they have to pay out of pocket for it?