ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warranty providers

Can anyone recommend a good 3rd party warranty providers?

Got a quote from warranty direct for £300 for 13 months which covers most of the things you want plus some elements of wear-n-tear, say on the gearbox. Good?

Thanks! Also trying to get hold of a Mk2 172 cliosport dealerbook but its proving impossible :(

307 hdi (powered by derv)

rac do it for £299 for 12 months as i have just took this out on the used 172 i get next week.

Well last year just after I spent a fortune buying & insuring the Vee I wanted a warranty for as long as I could get the problem was 3year cover cost £900+ (Warranty Direct I thnik were nearly £1200) to get the Total cover warranties you had to take it out there and then.

Warranty Wise suggested that I take out 1years cover and come renewal they would allow me to extend that for a further 3years with no reduction in cover (my car now doesnt qualify for the Total policy as its now 4years old).

Well its now renewal time and they stuck to the agreement and offered me the 3year extension at a reduced price from what I was quoted last year as Im an existing cutomer, just over £800 which includes main dealer labour rate, MOT failure, wear & tear and cat replacement.

Also last year when I had the coil problem after the Reno warranty had finished they agreed straight off to accept the claim, although Reno agreed to foot the bill and replace the remaining 3 coils as a good will gesture so in the end I didnt claim on my warranty.

Cya Stu

Yep I would have agreed with you Rory until I did some research and looked into it a bit deaper, Im not keen on throwing away money eh :D

These type of warranties have had bad press............but things have changed a bit and as I say it was put to the test last year and they gave a no quibble "yes its covered" answer.

Im happy that its a very good warranty and at a very good price, but the way Im looking at it more than anything is piece of mind and when I come to sell the Vee next year it will be a big plus for any potential buyer as its transferable for a fee of £30.

Theres not many 5year old cars that come with a 2year (thats what will be left) all singing and dancing warranty................if you had a choice of 2 identical cars..........1 with a 2year warranty and 1 without which 1 would you choose :)

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 20 August 2005 at 3:25pm]

[Edited by stusV6 on 20 August 2005 at 3:30pm]

tiTTy & SV650

fair enough if the cars had all the servicing adhered to and has ful dealer service history, but if not is it not null and void? i.e. if you have a 2nd hand car which doesnt meet this criteria, can you be covered?

Well Rory the qualification is like this...........if your car does not have a service history then you need to get it serviced, you can use any garage as long as its VAT registered, then you need to have it serviced as per manufacturers recomendations.

They will cover cars upto 8years old but there would be a drop in cover, I didnt consider this option as I wanted the full monty, and service history didnt really come into it as my car has probably the fullest service history of any Vee in the country :D

Cya Stu