ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warrenty Cover?

Focus ST
My 182 is just over 2 years old so is now covered by the Dealer Warrenty, rather than Manufacturer's warrenty.

It's going in to have a couple of knocks looked at next week and I'd really like to know where I stand in terms of warrenty cover for any work that needs doing. Where's the best place to get a comprehensive list of what I shouldn't have to pay for?

FYI, these are the problems it's going in for:

1. Knocking when on full-lock to the right, low speed manouevres.
2. Knocking coming from rear when going over big bumps / speed bumps etc. Getting progressively worse (I suspect a damper issue)

Any info/advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Luc

P.S. - It's covered less than 18k miles if that makes any difference to the warrenty.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
It should have a 3 year Renault warranty as my 172 did.

(unless it's an import and I think they were two years).

You can take it to any Renault and they will tell you if it's covered just from giving them the car reg - it's the car that has the warranty, not which owner. Just turn up and tell them the problems and they will ask you for the reg.

Problem 1 is a common fault, I just live with mine, others will advise you.

Problem 2, not sure.

Your warranty will be a full 3 year or 36k manufacturer - 1year man, 2 year dealer support - have you still got your handpack for the car? If so your warranty will be outined and for anything else you can contact renault direct - from what you are saying i guess you'll be alright under your waranty.
R

Focus ST
It's definitely not an import, I just thought I'd heard somewhere that the warranty was 2 years manufacturer, 1 year dealership.

I phoned Renault and the woman on the phone said she wasn't sure whether dampers were covered by warranty. Has anyone had a damper replaced under warranty during their third year of ownership?

Also, they reckon there will be a £45 diagnosis fee. Is this normal? (Bridges of Reading by the way)

I'm really not up for getting bum-raped by Renault!!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
£45 diagnostic sounds b**locks to me.

Dampers should be covered. I had my exhaust centre section replaced. I'm having it looked at again this weekend as 6 months down the line it's developed the 4k rattle again which was why it was replaced originally. They never mentioned diagnostics then. Besides diagnostics tends to be for engine problems or electrical. Dampers or exhausts aren't going to show up on their computer. I think they're just mucking you about.

Forget the phone. Take your car into any Renault dealership and explain the problem. If no joy with one, try another.

Or do what I did when I had hassle regardign a warranty issue. Write a letter to the dealership MD explaining the problem and that you get on cliosport.net and say we do have a dealership feedback forum. Worked for me.

Definetly 3 year and 60k miles warranty though for UK cars. 8 year anti-corrosion warranty, irrespective if the car is new or 2nd/3rd or 4th hand.

I phoned Renault and the woman on the phone said she wasn't sure whether dampers were covered by warranty. Has anyone had a damper replaced under warranty during their third year of ownership?

Also, they reckon there will be a £45 diagnosis fee. Is this normal? (Bridges of Reading by the way)

Don't go to the dealership complain to Renault Uk your cars under full warently till 3years and 60k so long as its got a service. Then go to another dealership. Dampers arn't under warently normally but under the sale of goods act parts have to be fit for purpose and so they are covered. If the garage doens't want to tell them to ring Renauklt Uk or tell them its law that dampers gone in that tie isn't fit for purpose.

If the dampers leaksing thats best as its deinatly a failure.

have the same back knock and its in at the mo for its 36k service, i asked if this was covered too and they said they dont think so, plus they wernt even sure the knocking is from the shock

Focus ST
Just to wrap this one up, took the car to Bridges of Reading to get problems looked at.

1. Issue with suspension top mount - now sorted.
2. Exhaust had worked loose slightly - now sorted.

All very minor and didn't pay a penny; I was actually very impressed with Renault's service on this occasion.

Oh, and car now for sale due to delivery of new car through company scheme :) (see for sale section).

clio 182 black /gold
Prob 1, After mine being in 8 times for the same problem they just said it must be a design fault. Retards lol.