ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer pump

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
So I think my pump is goosed and I'm removing the rear wiper and water pipe.
Probably a load of wires I dont need aswell.

Is there a single motor rather than double on say a 172 cup or something and will it fit straight onto my existing plug?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
What I mean by dual/double it the motor has 2 outlets, one feeds the rear wiper and one the front.
I wonder if I could T peice the 2 pipes straight out of the pump into 1 that way if the motor stops working when you press the front wash button you can go to a secondary/backup by using the rear wash?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
If I'm right in thinking that a 182 and normal 172 have 2 water pumps in a larger screen wash bottle like this. One for the headlight washers and one that does the front and rear screens.

And then a 172/182 cup has a smaller bottle with just one motor for the screens.

Which should mean that the motor for the screens is the same for all models so I'll get a motor and fresh pipe ordered, us the airline to clean the jets out and I should be good again. I can potentially lose the wiring for the headlight washers aswell.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The above is correct.

The motor has a rubber sliding float inside to control which screen the water goes to. These swell up and cause issues, can be resolved by trimming them with a craft knife.

If the pump is still running but not much is coming out it’s probably full of gunk and needs cleaning out.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
@1985michael182 Can I make a suggestion regarding the pump you have linked. Keep the original Renault Grommet for the connection between pump and Washer bottle.

This is only through experience as I couldn't get the supplied grommet to seal. Ended up ordering genuine Renault Grommets. The pump works fine and I bought two. A fraction of the cost of genuine ones. New Grommets are still available Part No. is 7700431722. The ebay vendor gave a gave small refund which I was happy with. Worked out in total about £12 A pump.