ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer/spacer behind rear wheel bearing???

Mk2 172
Replaced rear wheel bearing on my car yesterday and forund that the fancy washer/spacer that sits at the back of the stub axle was shattered into loads of little pieces! Does anyone know where i can get one other than renault as they havent got any in stock and takes 3 days to get one. Has anyone got one???

260% JCW
Is this one of the spacers that forms part of the cup pack and gives the cup's extra girth????

Clio 172 Cup
I took off the rears today to change discs/pads and found that the nearside wheel was missing the spacer, I'm sure this is not normal?

I need to get a spacer and the pressed steel sealing ring as well. Any ideas where I can get this from?

Megane 2 GT 165
If I make up a pair of spacers/washers is it safe to widen the rear axle this way. Instead of using wheel spacers you place the hole hub more outside ofcourse.
I'm not really happy with using wheelspacers.

Looking at 5 - 10 mm per side...

E39 M5 & Corsa track
If I make up a pair of spacers/washers is it safe to widen the rear axle this way. Instead of using wheel spacers you place the hole hub more outside ofcourse.
I'm not really happy with using wheelspacers.

Looking at 5 - 10 mm per side...

its how the ford lot widen their track on the rear, and how ford themselves did it on the racing puma, space the hub out where it mounts to the rear beam

dont the rear hubs have a locating bracket/mounting otherwise your back to the non hubcentric type of spacers just fitted behind the hub..

Megane 2 GT 165
^^
true that, but I think the forces on the wheels (including spacers) might be a bit different from the forces behind the hub.

Force loads turn as the wheel turns. Working the bolts more.

Also shims al already used there for adding chamber...and never heard of a rear wheel coming off with the disc etc. still attached to it.

Also think the front are more likely to come loose anyway.