ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washing your pride and joy! .

R26r R26
Just wondering how many times a week people wash their cars.I wash mine once a fortnight.Wash the wheels every week though due to the brake dust.Does this mean I have an obsessive compulsive disorder?lol.:S

Lots of Alfas
ROB 172 SPORT said:
Does this mean I have an obsessive compulsive disorder?lol.:S

I doubt it, people wash there cars more frequently than that! I try to wash mine once a week without fail.

K20 EG Hatch
mine gets washed and waxed fully once a week. Sometimes i'll do it mid week but just a wash.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
It depends on how busy i am at work, at the moment i haven't cleaned her for about a month, because i'm working 6 day weeks and the last thing i want to do on my only day off is clean the car.

S-Max
Weekly wash, wax every 3-4 weeks.

Dan, do you think necessary to wax everytime you wash? I don't think it adds anything personally.

I don't do the inside as often as I should though...

Yay im normal peeps take the piss outta me cos my car is always so clean, yep have also been known to have done it 3 times in one week :eek: lol now atleast once if not twice with full wax and hover every 2 weeks and clay every month:rasp: I have an OCD and Proud, lets face it you could have a lot worse OCD's, don't worrie bout it mate!

LY V6 with Recaros
I do mine once a week, unless it's pissing down with rain, then she has to wait a bit longer for her bath :eek:

R26r R26
I feel normal again.lol.Theres a bloke across the road from me who is constantly cleaning his people carrier and during the school holidays he has been cleaning his caravan every week.I was worried my neighbours would think I was weird like him.lol.

R26r R26
I have always kept my car clean.Even when I used to drive old bangers when I first started driving.

182 has now gone!
once a week without fail.. my friends/family all take the p out of me for it.. funny thing is my friend payed my £20.00 the other week to wash and clay her car cause she is so impressed with mine... it all pays off!!!!!:D

Broken Diesel Megane :(
i wash mine on a wed or thurs, then again on a sat with a layer of sealent and wax, when on sunday a going over with qd spray then another wax and EGP.

just got the PC so offering to do peoples cars for £50 inc wheels and wash, trying to see if there is a market for it in the area

ST
Bragg....jus make sure you dont step on anyones toes when offering to do peoples cars mate...there is a lad on detailing world who runs his own detailing business in Aberdeen IIRC.

Lots of Alfas
DiBraggio said:
i wash mine on a wed or thurs, then again on a sat with a layer of sealent and wax, when on sunday a going over with qd spray then another wax and EGP.

just got the PC so offering to do peoples cars for £50 inc wheels and wash, trying to see if there is a market for it in the area

What area are you based? I might be requiring someone to PC my Clio and maybe a Alfa GTV aswel.

Clio 182
You're slacking Rich, thought you would have done it last night!

Mine might get done in about 3 weeks time if I can be bothered, got Cadwell and Brands inbetween so not much point!

I would like to know who had the silver Clio parked right on the end by the slope on Sat, was so shiny! will get a pic later.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Normally once a week, haven't washed it for about a month now though, she's been neglected because my folks are re-doing the front of their house so my washing spot is currently unavailable!

RB 200 Cup!
usually clean it once every few months - i know im very bad. Only reason i cleaned it on saturday was for the east anglia meet and i fort id better make the effort - lol!

BMW E46 330i Touring
All done and looking better for it. Can definitely notice I haven't topped up the wax recently though, poor run-off, dirt marks harder to wash off and even drying wasn't as easy. Think I'll have to get some more layers on there soon...

A4 Avant & A3
if the weathers nice, i wash mine once a week, normally on a sunday. (unless i've got something else to do)
If i can't be arsed to wash the car, i at least try to make the effort & clean the brake dust off the wheels, so they don't get any worse!

I'm letting the side down, once every two weeks if Im lucky

although I'm ordering a PC tonight and some scratch X, getting the wheels refurbed and then starting a regime to try to wash once a week lol