ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Baby!

Monaco Blue 172
What a day! Had a standard 40 minute journey home from my gym course that ended up turning into a 5 and a half hour haul! Had to go through some ridiculous puddles/ponds/resevoirs/lakes. Beside me I saw others fall: 350z being towed, mini's on a pick-up and a picasso over heating. Had to come down numerous flooded backroads that were 'closed'. But the little 172 made it through in one piece and did me proud...even with one in-tact splitter. Made the right decision not to lower it now! Here she is after a hard days work:
Image001-3.jpg

Some of the less severe stuff I went through:
th_Video000.jpg

Last edited:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I saw that 350z been towed.

I was in my mates Diesel Xantia. Great car. The was water up to about 1/4 of the windscreen level in near cherry burton. The vents let it all in the cabin though.

Monaco Blue 172

I was in my mates Diesel Xantia. Great car. The was water up to about 1/4 of the windscreen level in near cherry burton. The vents let it all in the cabin though.

Went through Cherry and it didnt semm that bad. Came from Hull and ended up in Skirlaugh which had the worst flooding before going on to Walkington and Cherry. Bainton was shocking as well!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Went through Cherry and it didnt semm that bad. Came from Hull and ended up in Skirlaugh which had the worst flooding before going on to Walkington and Cherry. Bainton was shocking as well!

We were about 3 miles from either cherry or bishop i can't remember which where the standing water was level with the bottom of the windsreen.

Leon Cupra 300
I was around there today it was a nightmare! Saw you in Driffield a few fridays ago, put a spotted up :D