ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Beading

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
Haven't cleaned the car in around 2 weeks. With the lovely weather we've had in the UK, its been pretty dry (until today) - proper downpour of torrential rain.

This was the outcome. The car got a taste of water for the first time in a while, not sure if the beading is good or bad. Any detailing wizards have some input?

18789165_1517995104918012_402079758_o.jpg

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
Theevilgiraffe definitely knows his stuff. Get in touch with him whenever you've got any detailing questions. He's helped me out a few times

For sure, I fear if I speak to him again I'll be led down the dark road of a shiny car, an empty wallet & a cupboard full of lotions and potions

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
T
what do you do when the beads dry up and leave dust/residue on the car?
makes the car look terrible
To date water beading has never left me with dusty residue? :confused:
Also when I drove off, about two minutes after the photo was taken, my roof was dry lol. Its hydrophobic, dirt/dust won't stick to the water and then end up on your paint (unless your car is sitting for a long period of time) in which case.. your car will look terrible regardless, it just means when you rinse it, a wax coating will make life 10x easier

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
T

To date water beading has never left me with dusty residue? :confused:
Also when I drove off, about two minutes after the photo was taken, my roof was dry lol. Its hydrophobic, dirt/dust won't stick to the water and then end up on your paint (unless your car is sitting for a long period of time) in which case.. your car will look terrible regardless, it just means when you rinse it, a wax coating will make life 10x easier
Must be due to where I live then, always seem to have the shiniest car in the street until it rains.......

mk3 Clio 1.4 16v
Fusso Dark would be decent for my car, for a good shine. You got a machine polisher, or by hand?

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
depends on who is working at the carwash.....if it's the friendly guy I get to use electricity......if not....my shoulders will ache at the end of the day.....
will do the Essense+ with the DA though, just not the whole car in one go. (due to living in a sunny street)