ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Droplets Coming Out Exhaust

Clio III Dynamique
Hey guys, just looking for some ideas on the above.

ive got a 59 plate mk3 1.2, anyway decided to Hoover it after work, so it'd been left sitting (engine off obviously) from 8 am this morning, I started it up at 4pm and left it running whilst I hoovered it, anyway when I'd finished hoovering 30mins later I noticed a wet patch/small puddle on the ground beneath my exhaust tail pipe and some drips of water hanging from the end of my exhaust pipe, is this normal? If not what's likely to be the issue?

Clio III Dynamique
Lol cheers lads, just got a bit worried cos I've had the car 10 months and never noticed it happen before, come to think of it I've never noticed it on any car I've had before either.

53 Clio's & counting
Condensation in the exhaust turned to water by the heat of the exhaust - nothing to worry about :)

Clio III Dynamique
Another stupid question here possibly but does this only happen/become more noticeable in cold weather/low temperature ?

Mk2 1.4 s
its caused as a reaction of the fuel and air burning its called a hydrocarbon wich means hydrogen and oxygen = water

2C8H18 + 25O2 -> 16CO2 + 18H2O

thats assuming complete combustion tbf, which the water is obvs a sign of but no engine can completely combust hydrocarbons at current afaik, but we are pretty close

its the CO (carbon monoxide) produced through incomplete combustion that is more dangerous to the atmosphere as it is a free radical and reacts with the atmosphere to 'break it down'.... they just tell the general public that CO2 is to blame as it takes less explaining

LOL!!!

Naturally, but the question was about water not CO

true

tbh I liked the fact that you actually used an equation to show the reasoning rather than just saying what happened, so fancied an intellectual conversation, they are so hard to come by nowadays with the general public being so retarded....

Suzuki Jimny
true

tbh I liked the fact that you actually used an equation to show the reasoning rather than just saying what happened, so fancied an intellectual conversation, they are so hard to come by nowadays with the general public being so retarded....

Boom.

the add says it is on 29,000 miles, but also states it has had its 30,000 mile big service implying that it has hit 30,000 miles no?

or am I reading it wrong?