ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in exhaust centre pipe??

A3 Tdi
Good afternoon chaps,

My brother has a 1.2 16v 2005 Clio. Being a DIY mechanic I heard the exhaust blowing last weekend and I offered to resolve this.

Upon investigating the blow I noticed the car was blowing small drops of water from the centre section to back box join.
I removed the centre section to investigate further and when doing so a small trickle of water came out, there was also a trickle of water coming out of the cat also.

This is as far as my DIY knowledge goes so I was just after some opinions on why you guys think there may be water in there and if I should be concerned.

Many thanks,

Tom

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Tell him to drive it harder once the exhaust has been replaced. When it's up to temp and under load water should not be hanging about in the pipes...

A3 Tdi
Ah that makes a lot of sense!! Because its being driven by our mum at the moment who insists on 2k gear changes. Just need to finish cleaning up the old joins and hopefully I will get a better seal now between the centre pipe and back box.
The advice is really appreciated, thank you very much :star: