ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water under rear seat

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I know there's been umpteen posts about water inside the car over the years , in various places . I noticed over the weekend a small puddle of water under the rear passenger seat . It sems to be coming from this " metal bung/cap " or whatever it actually is .
My question is . What is this bung in the picture ? Anybody else had it leak in from here ?

4obF2o7.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I doubt it's coming from there tbh, that's the rear beam bracket mounting bolts.

It'll be the two black rubber tailgate stops that sit either side next to the rear lights, seal them up.
I'm 99% certain it's coming from there , when I press it a litttle bit of water comes out . It's just a small puddle of water. I sealed the black grommets years ago. I'll put some sealant around it when it stops pissing down and see if that cures it . I never knew what they were , thanks :up:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 99% certain it's coming from there , when I press it a litttle bit of water comes out . It's just a small puddle of water. I sealed the black grommets years ago. I'll put some sealant around it when it stops pissing down and see if that cures it . I never knew what they were , thanks :up:

Very odd if it is because the water would have to be going right up underneath the chassis.

Water doesn't tend to run upwards :tongueout:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Is your boot carpet wet too?
No , just this small puddle of water . It does seem like it's been trickling from where I said . I've just been and dried it off and put some sealant around it . I'll monitor it and see if it's better. Like I said before . I sealed the grommets years ago when I had water coming intto the boot . That sorted that leak :smile:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
No , just this small puddle of water . It does seem like it's been trickling from where I said . I've just been and dried it off and put some sealant around it . I'll monitor it and see if it's better. Like I said before . I sealed the grommets years ago when I had water coming intto the boot . That sorted that leak :smile:

Ahh right. That's a first i've seen/heard of leaking from there.

Like i say, water would have to be physically driven up into that area by pressure for it to run up inside them.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Ahh right. That's a first i've seen/heard of leaking from there.

Like i say, water would have to be physically driven up into that area by pressure for it to run up inside them.
It's the first time I've seen it mentioned on here too.