ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax to repel cats, lemon or citrus smell? help

don't
I’ve recently moved to a small 2 bed house, renting for a bit!
I live in a small court at the end of a quiet road, great I thought, off road parking and safe for the car

However, a couple of cats keep hanging around and coming over from fences and like to walk over and lay down on the cars in the court. Last night it was my bonnet and this morning I’m met with paw prints all over the bonnet, which was spotless

I quite like cats so don’t want to do anything too drastic, but I think this will p!ss me off, especially when I’ve just cleaned the car. I only machine polished the bonnet 2 months ago so it was perfect and I don’t want any scratches from cats

Anyone else have similar or solved the problem, my stepdad had someone sensor thing he set up near his car before which was meant to go off and send out a tone that cats apparently hated, but it didn’t seem to work

Cats apparently hate citrus smells or lemon, wonder if there’s any wax that smells like lemon or similar…..

Any ideas???

Storm Grey 200
get high noise thingy, cats love sleeping on my black car. i always have paw prints up my bonnet, screen and onto the roof.

Monaco RS Clio 172
had to laugh at this one.. lol

actually, cats can be deadly on paintwork. seen some nasty effects of their paws/claws on my mothers cars roof.

I really am not sure what to suggest, there are certain noises they dislike that we cannot hear I believe, they are just extremely high pitch pulsating noises, may be worth converting a home one to be able to be wired up to your alarms live...

may send out the tone and stop them....

on a similar subject, I have been using a certain wax, and it seems to be ATTRACTING wasps and bees. they are ALL ROUND my car between 12 noon and 4pm.. nightmares. there are 2-3 hovering around the bonnet all the time.

do something lively tho matey, you wait til one of them slips trying to walk up the screen/roof and tries to cling with it's claws. seen this happen as I said on my mothers. not nice.

evil b@stards must have it in for ya ;)

i don't know if they work (although someone i was chatting with a while ago seemed to think their's did), but one of those sonic repellants might be worth a go. they are audible if you've got good hearing - horrible high pitched screeching noise

Monaco RS Clio 172
^^ wire it up in the car! lol

everyone who walks past will hear a slight whistling noise, real high pitched.

had one in my place before. I could hear it if I went near it. real irritating. so make sure it only comes on with the alarm.

don't
my stepdad had an audible thing and it didnt work, i could hear the high pitched noise whenever i was in range but the cat still kept spraying the front door

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Just get some of those spikes that you see on guttering that stops the birds hanging around in the undersode of bridges, add some Microfibre towels to the underside of it to stop it scratching your bonnet when you lay it down... job done :)........

Joking by the way lol..

Cats decided my Mazda airial would be a nice thing to chew on :mad: another £12 :mad:

Oh, & those sound things didnt work for me either :dapprove:

172 CUP, Old skool Mini
Apparantly picking them up by the tail and kicking them directly up the arsehole is a good deterent?? lol

(I have never harmed a cat and dont plan to harm a cat, please do NOT ring the RSPCA or bombard me with silly pms!)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Putting radiator drying rails (the ones you just place on top) on the bonnet and roof may be worth a try! Make sure they've got the rubber ends so they don't scratch the paintwork though!

Black Gold Trophy
Its a f*cking joke really, I f*cking hate cats... ridiculous the way the roam the streets, sh*t on my lawn and jump on cars. I'd have a good mind to speak to the owners (if you know who they are) and say unlesss they want to pay for a respray they should keep their animals away from your car.
IMO people shouldnt have to spend money to keep cats off their cars, if someone keyed your car it would be considered criminal damage, yet the same attitude isnt taken with cats!....f*cking hate the little b@stards!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
if someone keyed your car it would be considered criminal damage, yet the same attitude isnt taken with cats!....f*cking hate the little b@stards!
Cats don't do it to cause you grief. They don't know what they doing.

320d
lol our cat was on my dads car sliding down the windscreen for fun the ohter week. Its the 1st time he's done it. havnt caught him on my car, he'd be getting a swift kick if i did.

Black Gold Trophy
Cats don't do it to cause you grief. They don't know what they doing.

Lol yeah I know! I'm just venting some anger mate!
Just saying its irresponsible of the owners letting the cats roam wild, as if they would ever pay out their cat caused damage to someones property!