ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

waxd with a broken hand

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
cleaned with chem guys extreme washnwax
dried with synthetic detailer
waxd with XXX
it also rained later on and i used some speed wipe good stuff, quite impressed,
i clayed it 1 month ago but i found on rear bumper and sills little black tar spots were there any help to prevent them?

Attachments

• DSCN0041 (2).jpg
    DSCN0041 (2).jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 68
  • dscn0044 (2).jpg
    dscn0044 (2).jpg
    309 KB · Views: 81
  • dscn0045 (3).jpg
    dscn0045 (3).jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0046 (2).jpg
    DSCN0046 (2).jpg
    244 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0048 (2).jpg
    DSCN0048 (2).jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 76
  Mondeo STTDCI
You cant prevent tar spots really. Just ensure after claying you wax. And wax regularly to build a good layer of protection.

106 GTi
Looking good, very nice gloss.

Once all sealed and wax, the tar should just wash off at least just with shampoo.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i used finger nails, to remove swirl marks do u need a pc or just big hands?what would u reccomend for it? the chemical guy spider thing?

106 GTi
You may have some limited success on the swirls by hand, I gave up and purchased a PC.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
is it worht buying a pc? or better if i pay some1 to do it?:cool::cool::cool::cool:
how much is one?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i dnt mind sealing and waxing by hand its like wanking feels better doing it by hand, i just wanna get rid of swirls

BMW F31
very nice :)

i clayed mine the other day and have only polished it with meguiars gold class liquid wax?!?

is this enough or do i need to wax it too?

ZT 1.8T
my car is 4 years old, it hasnt been treated to any waxes or anything, the paint still looks in good shape, is there any point in claying it and waxing it, will it look decent?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
coz its winter i would wax it well,i use XXX normally, but the detailing dons said a stronger wax for winter would be nice like collinites

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i would wax it i washed my dads mini after i polished it and its 20 years old and had 3 diff colours and it looked good

106 GTi
my car is 4 years old, it hasnt been treated to any waxes or anything, the paint still looks in good shape, is there any point in claying it and waxing it, will it look decent?

Ideally you need to clay, polish/paint clean then wax and seal.

The depth and gloss of your paintwork comes from the polishing stage.

very nice :)

i clayed mine the other day and have only polished it with meguiars gold class liquid wax?!?

is this enough or do i need to wax it too?

Advice as above. A decent polish stage is also adviseable.

Gold Class is a Cleaner Wax so cleans and protects in one. Its not very durable though so will need to be done every few weeks.