ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ways to identify cup springs over normal 182 springs?

When i bought my 182, the seller said it has cup pack springs on. Is there any way of identifying this? Any markings etc?

Cheers

Sorry if I'm telling to you something you already know - As supplied by Renault, the cup suspension pack is more than just springs. Best accepted way of checking is measuring the bolt spacing on the front strut/hub carrier. 60 mm = cup (a non-cup is less distance).

The springs themselves are different rates, if you can see your coloured markings you can identify them.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i already know about the bolt spacing and 15% stiffer dampers. Do you know what colour markings i should have?

Cheers

I can only say what is on mine (I never fully trust anything I read on forums) I will go check mine....

My rear springs have a yellow code on, ends in T184429. Would you be able to check yours?

Cheers

Cant see anything on my rears, perhaps because there too old? But my fronts have two paint marks, about an inch long, easily seen if you rub clean the second coil up from the lower platform (Nothing in the cars history says my springs have been replaced)

Lionel Richie
cup springs have a red and white paint marking on the coils, the dampers have a gery/yellow sticker on them

Lionel Richie
could be, 182 is definatley red and white, we've got 3 172 cups at work, i will have a look tomorrow for you