ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weak Windscreen washer

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hi chaps,

Had the washer bottle run low for a few months now as I haven't really used them over summer. Just filled it up today and the front windscreen jets take a while to start spraying and when they do its fairly week. Rear screen and headlights are all ok.

I disconnected the pipe near the bonnet and it comes through fairly weak there as well.

Is this a new pump job or any other ideas for getting the front screen one back up to a decent pressure.

Cheers.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Had a bit of mare fitting the new washers today...

I bought two of the ECP versions spoken about on here and fitted them, now...

The issue I've had is the pump doesn't seem to correctly swap between front and rear windows, for instance:

Pull windscreen washer > sprays windscreen
Pull rear screen washer > sprays rear screen
Pull windscreen washer > sprays rear screen

Wait 30 seconds... pull windscreen washer > sprays windscreen

The head lamp washer always seems to work okay and rotates between both lights correctly.

I've swapped the pumps etc and the same issue occurs and if put back the OEM pump it works correctly (just windscreen is weak).

Has anyone else had this or can advise on whether I should just get an OEM one?