ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weak Xenons?

Clio 182
Comparing my car to others on motorways, my lights seem a lot dimmer, plus the beam seems far shorter than of other xenon equipped cars.. ive hear people mention that they hardly need to use their full beams, but i do need mine.. the headlights were checked recenetly and their beam level is correct.
Will the current 'bulbs' have markings on them so i can check they are not some silly high k rating? and is it easy to take one out and check?

That's odd mate, I've just changed mine from 4300k to 6000k and I think they have good light output, anyhow, lee182RS - the easiest way to check the bulbs is to take the Bumper off, some smarty pants will come on and say you can do it from the engine bay with the bumper still on but I couldn't, intrestingly Cooperative Renault on Sir Frank Whittle way will replace xenons for £30 which I think is good value but you must supply them, they charge £181 each for the bulbs, lol.

It is quite fiddly. I could just about do it, but I only had a 1.2 in the engine bay, not a 2.0!
Taking the bumper off is only about a thirty minute job the first time you do it, so it's no hassle.

Clio 182
i managed to take the bulb out from the passenger side (bumper left on) all it said was Philips D2S on it, only took me 5 minutes as well, the other side is a different story though as its very cramped..

Clio 182
I ended up getting a set of 5000k bulbs from hids-direct, i found them to be a bit less powerful and a couple of slightly dim areas that weren't on present with the standard bulbs, with all that said, for the price they are pretty good value for money.