ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

website design advise please

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Hi All

I need some advise in making a website. My dad want to sell stuff he has via a website.

He has asked me to make it, that not the issue.

Issue I got I need some sort of way of making it "Easy" for him to modify it, upload, change stuff etc.
He not very computer literate so I need it to be simple.

any ideas where to go, plugins for something etc......

Thanks

Phil

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
was thinking of a joomla site

didn't know what plugs are available

been a while since I looked

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
I check PrestaShop :)

not sure how many yet I find out

10 Clio MK3
I have used wordpress and woo commerce, thats good for uploading items and selling, you can also with the right plugins (woo lister) list on ebay from it

Joomla and Wordpress are about the worst things you could start with - both are CMS's and not designed for selling

Magento would be your best bet if you're not a coder and want to just put plugins together
If he's only selling a few items though (under 100) I'd use http://www.shopify.com/

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Drupal is pretty good as far as free solutions go, well supported for eCommerce too.

Its written in PHP too which makes it very easy to write your own applications and integrate them.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you're a PHP developer ;) lol

Well, if you are (or know one who can help you) a developer at all really, as PHP is a very quick one to pick up IME so its not like you really need prior experience of it, just allow a little more dev time for your first application obviously to allow for a bit of learning on the job.