ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend Car Insurance

BG 182 FF
if your under 21 m8 u will struggle cos i haven't found anyone who will insure me on mine and thats only a 1.2. If you find someone though please share :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
What happens if it somehow gets damaged/stolen during the week?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Direct line covered me on my mums car for a couple of days , however that was as a named driver, worth a call though.

Abit pointless as if it gets knicked in the week you wont be covered,as said I would get a limited mileage policy.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I would go for a limited mileage policy. It means you can still tax the car without issue.

Never heard of a 'weekend only' (as in the car is insured every weekend) policy myself and as far as I know, you can't tax a car on temp insurance.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
i have my weekend car insured under a limited mileage policy, best way of doing it.

Hmm, ill have to look into it then...
Ill be 21 when I get the car (it'll probably be my 21st present :D )
Hopefully it wont be too much as I want to use my 1.2 day to day and then use the 172 at the weekend

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
i had my mini insured at 21 as my weekend car, all mods declared etc. £300 fully comp.

172 Ph2. Mmm...
I have just brought new car insurance on a ph2 172 as a temporary driver (as im at uni) its £365 fully comp.

ibiza cupra
direct line coverd me on my 172, on my missis policy as a named driver for 2 weeks for about £40. (it was so i turned 25 before renuwing my own insurance so it would be alot cheaper.)

172 Ph2. Mmm...
^^^ Thats no bad, direct line have killed me though, built up a years no claims and because I moved insurance they wouldnt transfer my no claims over. Hence why ive gone temporary cover.

Trophy #382
How would you prove the mileage to the insurance company? Do they come and check the car or something?