ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

weighed my clio 172 last week

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
hi

was wondering if anyone else had weighed there car at all?
was looking thro all the reviews and weights people quoted and thought id weight the car myself see how accurate they where.

most book weights where about 1100ish

weighed mine with full interiour and half a tank of fuel and it weighed 1069kg was pretty happy with that,just wondered if anyone else had done the same

kind regards
sam

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
its a full fat i think,only just got it and to be honest dont know how to tell the differance.

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
not bad only 30kg have fallen off since new then lol

lol that what i thought but im sure its not a cup.weighed it 3 times to be sure to.but some figures i found quoted only 1030kg for the standard 172
regards
sam

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
markcup has a good vid if his attemps at weighing his cup on youtube. its gets lighter every few weeks !

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
quality video lol,what where you using to weigh it?

yes it has air con half leather xenon's.thanks i was wondering how you told the differance.
ill post some pics of me weighing mine as soon as i get off holiday.

regards
sam

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
quality video lol,what where you using to weigh it?

yes it has air con half leather xenon's.thanks i was wondering how you told the differance.
ill post some pics of me weighing mine as soon as i get off holiday.

regards
sam

XPT.jpg

Didn't work though as I didn't make sure the car was still 100% level each time I weighed each corner like you'd get if you were using bespoke corner scales.

Was worth a try though...killed a couple of hours LOL

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think we should have a cc meet at a weighing bridge.

No such thing as a full fat 172 ;)

182 Cup
I've weighed my 182 Cup with Recaro seats and a full tank of fuel - came in at 1120kg. Fat b#stard! With all the rear interior gone it came in at 1090kg.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
IIRC The kerb weight/weight quoted in the book is the weight of the car with all fluids, half a tank of fuel and the weight of a driver (about 45kg)

197 Albi S11AND
weighed mine last saturday whilst bored at work at in weighed in at 1020 kg with half a tank and stuff in the boot 172 cup tho

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
weighed mine last saturday whilst bored at work at in weighed in at 1020 kg with half a tank and stuff in the boot 172 cup tho

Mine was 1021Kg with ½ tank of fuel and bits in the car. Sounds about right.