ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weight loss

throttle bodied mk2 172
so if i swap my fullfat's front seats with cobra monaco i only gain 28 kg,is that what you saying?(22+22=44 8+8=16 44-16=28)

Tangoed Works
Hmmm if the ff seat is only 22kg then by fitting my cobras @ 13kg each plus say 1kg each for the subframe, ive only saved 16 kilos :-(, oh wel every little helps I guess.

R35 GTR
ahmet said:
so if i swap my fullfat's front seats with cobra monaco i only gain 28 kg,is that what you saying?(22+22=44 8+8=16 44-16=28)

your maths is good, but you wouldnt gain any weight.

R35 GTR
ahmet said:
gain means power to weight ratio.smart a..

smart arse, no i think not. You said "gain 28kg"

but get off the forum and weigh all the parts......would be a nice contribution to the guides section.

throttle bodied mk2 172
FredYozzasport said:
don't put cobra monacos in, worst seat they do, SO uncomfortable
fred too much different figures mate.what is the real figures for swapping two front seats with abs to bucket seats.and which bucket seat you reccommend and how much kg is it?

Lionel Richie
cobra imolas, or preferably Suzukas (they fit my arse better!)

the suzukas are around 6kg each (i have full carbon at 4.9kg, but then i'm a show off!)

but stupidly i have mild steel subframes! i must get round to making some ali ones

std seats are around 25kg each, so 50kg total, you are replacing these with seats,sidemounts, subframes + harnesses which in reality i would estimate at around 12-14kg per seat (complete with all the bits)

so you're basically removing 22-26kg in total

that my conservative, realistic answer, its still cool saying i have seats that are only 4.9kg!! :)

throttle bodied mk2 172
fred what about all these; race battery ,removing air con,removing spare wheel and jack etc.how much kg all these.i am 90 kg:(

Lionel Richie
fatboy eh??? ;)

rear seats, tool kit, spare, parcel shelf, rear boot carpet comes to 46kg IIRC

aircon is a fair chunk probably 15kg at a guess

race battery save about 3kg

R35 GTR
FredYozzasport said:
fatboy eh??? ;)

I took all that plus my sub and mdf base and the car feels loads quicker. I am wondering if there is much point, apart from mot reasons, to remove seatbelts and all rear plastic trim....

throttle bodied mk2 172
FredYozzasport said:
fatboy eh??? ;)

yes but mark said 9 kg for battery in this thread.maybe i keep the rear seats.

R35 GTR
ahmet said:
yes but mark said 9 kg for battery in this thread.maybe i keep the rear seats.

what is the point spending all the money weight saving on front seats then keep the rear seats........some people.:sleepy:

throttle bodied mk2 172
Dave3141 said:
what is the point spending all the money weight saving on front seats then keep the rear seats........some people.:sleepy:
yes but sometimes you have more than one passanger;)

Tangoed Works
Dave3141 said:
....lol, yeah i guess some people dont have any friends. Im debating at the mo whether to throw out the backs, or get the fronts retrimmed to match the back. Hmmmm