ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Racing Red

Clio.gif

Shot taken in the rain with the N95 camera...will post some better pics.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Wow looks stunning.
Really like it, the white is nice as well, only seen black OZ's on 197s before, me likes!!!

I have erased all of the previous pictures by mistake...

A few new updates:

Ordered new wheels for the winter setup....so now I have white ones for the summer and matt black ones for the winter. :D

oz_ultraleggera_mblk_ci3_l.jpg

sold the OEM ones and bought these for the same amount. :biggrin:

Yesterday I had my inlets matched.

There is a picture comparing the two matched & polished inlets with the other 2 stock ones:

PC042435.jpg

PC042432.jpg

PC042447.jpg

PC042458.jpg

PC042464.jpg

PC052469.jpg

PC052474.jpg

They make a great difference - I was 4 lengths of a car behind my friends BMW E60 535d before - rolling start 2nd gear 55km/h and 3rd gear 100km/h.

After the matching and polishing the inlets i was only 1-2 lengths of a car behind the BMW. We tried from 0-180km/h and I was right next to his doors.

Will have dyno tests on Wednesday (before & after).

Great mod! Really worth it!

Also, I had the car weighted with the full tank:

Vaganje02122010_Clio197_1.jpg

Recent pics of my car:

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6821.jpg

Renault Clio 197 spo
Predivno izgleda auto, koliko si ulozio u auspuh, filter, mapiranje i sta mislis koliko si dobio ks, i nm, ja imam takav plavi!!! Stvarno je napravljen sav po mom ukusu, cestitam
P. S. Gledam s moba pa mi nije ucitalo sve slike i filmice ali ove koje je su predobre a na kompu cu vidjeti ostatak, i lijepo sto si pokazao kako je hrvatska lijepa na slikama!!!

Monday, before the matched inlets (1°C):
188.29 bhp
209.22 Nm

Today, after the matched inlets (17°C):
191.29 bhp
212.00 Nm

The temperature difference has been taken into account.

Don't have the graphs with me, waiting for the email.

Car is running lean because of the extra air that I have now, but didn't want to remap it until I do the dyno testing. Probably will gain some more power when I add some more fuel.

haha, im very intrigued to know how he did it! :)

:D

I know, at first it I wanted to know but then...I stopped thinking about it and just relied on the fact that this man knows what's he doing. :D

But surely, I'll ask him the next time when he does the head and the rest. :D Hopefully by the end of the next year.

Megane
Any chance you could reload the picture's I can't view them :(! Say's it's either been removed or deleted.

It's been a long time...so it's a good time to update the garage (don't want to write about the 3 engine failures I had this year alone and +£4500 that I've spent so far):

Front speakers Pioneer TS-Q131C (got them REALLY CHEAP!):

IMAG0551.jpg

IMAG0556.jpg

Front strut bar by Ultra Racing:

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0414.jpg

Front anti roll bar, Clio Cup racer 22mm:

IMAG0548.jpg

IMAG0549.jpg

Rear anti roll bar & 4 point strut bar by Ultra racing:

IMAG0669.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0687.jpg

Yes...the battery looks awful like that...will get it sorted...:D

Painted the front grills & the rear diffuser:

Clio-197-grills.jpg

IMAG0686.jpg

IMAG0706.jpg

BEFORE:
26052010667.jpg

AFTER:
IMAG0705.jpg

The difference is really noticable in person - the car looks much better and the diffuser/grills kept their original texture.

Detailed the car 2 weeks ago - 9h of work:

IMAG0778.jpg

IMAG0785.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

IMAG0787-1.jpg

IMAG0788-1.jpg

IMAG0791.jpg

IMAG0792.jpg

The car looks awesome! Really...I even managed to get rid of ~70% of swirl marks and I did it all by hand (without DA)!

It's so much easier to wash the car now, and to wipe it too...great result! I'm so sorry that there was no sun at the moment and I didn't have a better camera. :)

Summer setup:

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Winter setup:

IMAG0799.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

@ 11AM:

IMAG0865.jpg

@ 2PM

IMAG0884.jpg

IMAG0883.jpg

IMAG0885.jpg

What do I think?....needs getting used to it, but they look much better in person. To be honest, I kinda like them (usually I don't like matt black wheels).

IMAG0870.jpg

I had huge problems with removing the wheels - one wheel ring (front right) needed changing:

IMAG0876.jpg

IMAG0877.jpg

Copper paste:

IMAG0882.jpg

IMAG0871.jpg

IMAG0881.jpg

Brand new wheel bolts & rings:

IMAG0874.jpg

Engine mods:

STOCK engine (no cams or head work anymore)
Clio V6 airbox & K&N panel filter
Matched/polished inlets
Y-pipe
decat by Miltek
Miltek catback
lightweight flywheel

Waiting for Paul to do his magic with the remap. ;)