ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weight reduction

New Kangoo Van!
Why do you want to do this?? Just coz we may be able to think of an alternative way of solving your problem...

Basically when I have a couple of passengers in the car I would like to be able to achieve the same performance as when I'm alone in the car.

Artic Blime 182
Basically when I have a couple of passengers in the car I would like to be able to achieve the same performance as when I'm alone in the car.

mmm expect a get lighter mates post lol

I would say aircon, front seats to buckets, lighter wheels, maybe remove ABS (not sure how much this will do if any), change the glass, remove airbags, carbon fibre maybe??

You will probs be best with a few engine mods but then you will still be in the same dilemma as it will always seem faster with just you in it not matter what you do.

New Kangoo Van!
mmm expect a get lighter mates post lol

I would say aircon, front seats to buckets, lighter wheels, maybe remove ABS (not sure how much this will do if any), change the glass, remove airbags, carbon fibre maybe??

You will probs be best with a few engine mods but then you will still be in the same dilemma as it will always seem faster with just you in it not matter what you do.

Never have my mates in the car they dont respect other peoples things lol, just the wife when shes not using her car and my son who is 3 for occasional trips out.

Might go down the seats, wheels and aircon route.

My 205 GTI weighed 930 kg - stripped it and is now 770kg....with 200bhp.

Most weight saved is in removing interior and getting fibreglass tailgate etc....without doing this you aint going to lose 100kg - maybe 30 if your lucky...

Dont forget to remove spare wheel and or get lighter wheels

200 FF Storm Grey
Light weight battery's are always a good start, 2bh shedding weight without taking out the obvious gets very costly and pretty pointless for what you get back for it

immaculate clio 172
you are all crazy removing silly things to save a gram or 2 its a renault clio for god sake i have a good idea just buy a quicker car to begin with lol

Artic Blime 182
you are all crazy removing silly things to save a gram or 2 its a renault clio for god sake i have a good idea just buy a quicker car to begin with lol

Removing things will eventually make it a lil quicker and cost £0.00 where as faster cars cost a lot more :rasp: lol.

An you will probs find none of us are happy with what we have got an always want that lil more :evil: lol like me :approve:

BG182®
The standard 182 front seats weigh quite a bit. When I removed one it was shocking at how heavy they where. Getting some light bucket seats will help also

The standard 182 front seats weigh quite a bit. When I removed one it was shocking at how heavy they where. Getting some light bucket seats will help also

The standard seats weigh a ton :(

what seats out there are pretty light in weight?

The standard seats weight in around 30kg each. A good set of fibreglass one piece buckets can weigh as little as 9kg each with subframes - mine do!

That's a 40kg aprox saving!!

There's some phantom weights being thrown around on this thread, just clear a few up ;)

Air con pump is under 5kg's on it's own
Changing to Mag wheels will save only around 5kg per wheel and that's if you go for the expensive 3.5kg ones
My Magnesium Cup racer wheels weigh almost 7kg's each the turini's weigh approx 8kg each, so most your going too see from changing to 15's and mags is about 18kg, and be about £1200 lighter in the pocket.

either this site is full of chinese whispers or some of you guy's need to hit the gym :rasp:

Chris

New Kangoo Van!
There's some phantom weights being thrown around on this thread, just clear a few up ;)

Air con pump is under 5kg's on it's own
Changing to Mag wheels will save only around 5kg per wheel and that's if you go for the expensive 3.5kg ones
My Magnesium Cup racer wheels weigh almost 7kg's each the turini's weigh approx 8kg each, so most your going too see from changing to 15's and mags is about 18kg, and be about £1200 lighter in the pocket.

either this site is full of chinese whispers or some of you guy's need to hit the gym :rasp:

Chris

Its the seats that interest me most, it appears that changing them may save a lot of weight. 18kg as stated above is a good loss in weight when added to other things to change.

As for the latter comment if I concidered myself large and thought I really needed to lose weight I wouldnt have bought a clio, i'd have bought a vectra or something! :eek:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I took 117 kgs out of mine almost all from the interior.

Carpet, headlining and sunvisors come in at 17 kgs, so imagine this with all that fitted for your 100 kg saving...

100_4478.jpg

Not possible if you want to keep the interior.

Tav

Clio 197
^ He's not really into light weight, look at the hair freshener for a start...magic tree would have been lighter!

M

mini-valver

Not sure how much Ive saved, I keep meaning to stick it on the scales at work but always forget or go to work in the wrong car :(

I reckon I'm sub 900kgs though with a cage to fit and more things to chop out/remove.

Renaultsport 220T
I took 117 kgs out of mine almost all from the interior.

Carpet, headlining and sunvisors come in at 17 kgs, so imagine this with all that fitted for your 100 kg saving...

100_4478.jpg

Not possible if you want to keep the interior.

HAhahaha, My sign lives on!!!!! Check the roof!

MArk I am disappointed though, as I can see cards in the rear quarter panels still. Tut tut!
:D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
HAhahaha, My sign lives on!!!!! Check the roof!

MArk I am disappointed though, as I can see cards in the rear quarter panels still. Tut tut!
:D

Amateur, those cards weigh fook all, and protect he paper thin metal outer skin from getting the odd dent from sh*t flying about in the back.