ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird noise from front brakes

A well built VW
Front discs and pads have recently been changed but this noise was there before

It is intermitant and sounds a bit like the abs is kicking in when it should not be doing so kinda like a pulsing creaking sound if that makes sense lol

Its hard to describe the noise but it comes and goes Is the ABS sensor fubard any suggestions ?

Charged Superleggera
price is around £60 from renault and yeh they are easy to replace. you cant miss it. there are only 2 wires. one is teh brake line the other is the abs sensor which is obviously thiner. i may have a spare abs sensor in the garage that i bought by mistake.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
My car has developed something similar over the last week. When braking to a stop from a very low speed there is a clicking sort of sound being made.

clio sport 172
Front discs and pads have recently been changed but this noise was there before

It is intermitant and sounds a bit like the abs is kicking in when it should not be doing so kinda like a pulsing creaking sound if that makes sense lol

Its hard to describe the noise but it comes and goes Is the ABS sensor fubard any suggestions ?

mine has the exact same noise but it makes it just after i set off and it now makes the abs kick in every so often best change the sensor then :rolleyes:

Rb 182
Poss a chipped tooth on the abs counter ring or a burst cv boot putting grease onto the abs ring/sensor. both worth checking.

03 clio 172
My cv boot popped off a while ago spreading green grease everywhere, think i may have to clean the rings off.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I would go with Daves diagnosis here. I know its not the case for you Martin but Ive also had abs noises when running different tyres sizes front and rear on a coupe. Think it confuses it!

similar noises from gfs car....like a intermittent grinding noise when braking from over 40ish. Any ideas guys?

A well built VW
I know theres no burst cv boot as i would have noticed when changing discs ill check out abs ring - is it an easy fix or a garage job ?

Cheers all