ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

weird oil gauge reading

I have a clio 16v, the oil guage (furthest on the left) reads completely different oil levels everytime I switch the ignition on, so it may show say 3/4 full, then switch off and back on again it will show 1/4 full!...anyone else get this on their cars? :confused:

Bumder With A Buffer

I did have this happen to my valver but it only did it a few times, so couldnt figure out what itwas! i think over time u do lose bit of oil in a valver, best thing is to check oil level every now and then???? or get new gauge?? im not an expert !!

Willy2

dont rely on the oil gauge always use the dipstick, years ago my mate had a 19 16v, the oil level on the guage showed normal but there was no oil in the engine, he thrashed it and F*cked it!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

its because when ur engibe is hotter the oil reading is not accurate....only believe it first thing...

guys.............when you turn the engine on, then off again..........half the oil is in teh head/galleys and dribbling back down.

when its hot..........got nothign to do with it.

ahh fair play, that is very helpful as when I was checking it out I had just run the car....and when it behaved itself it was cold....

your right though I will use my dipstick !

thanks for all the replies