ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Problem

Stagecoach Ticket
I own a ph1 that has started feeling very jerky/snappy under low range accleration "only does this some time normally after rain" last night i noticed that the exhaust was making a small poping noise under idle. Any guess's at what it could be before plugging it in later.

Lam sensor?
Cat?

J

Last edited:
  Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
My phase 1 was misfiring very slightly when cold and only intermittently , causing it be very jerky under about 3k it turned out to be my HT leads, they were the blue ones from performance leads.co.uk worse than OEM stuff higher resistance according to the garage, so changed them back to my old normal ones and its all fine again!

Stagecoach Ticket
iam running magnecor performance leads its a weird problem not sure its ht or similar think it maybe an air leak somewere :S will keep investigating thanks for the input mate

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Whats your MPG like as if thats pretty poor thats normally an indicator of the front lambda going?? if it is an injector you could get them ultrasonicly cleaned i did that with mine and it was so much smoother all through the rev range but it did lessen the 5k kick a bit. As for the popping of the exhuast mine seems to do it all the time, even more so now i've got a decat! You sure you havent got any water ingress on the coilpack or in the sparkplug wells? May be worth taking the plenum off and WD40ing everything! How old are your leads? As i think i remember a while back a few people on here saying they had some dodgy magnecor leads may have been a bad batch or something (not 100% sure may be worth doing a search).
Hope you get it sorted anyway mate

Stagecoach Ticket
No idea on the leads mate mpg is poor thats what lead me towards the lamda or the cat doubt there will be water in the wells as its been very dry dwn here and it does it on and off its not a nice exhaust pop though will keep trying different things and hopefully get it running right!