ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird starting prob

172 A Cupwork Orange™
since its been getting cold the 172 starts everytime perfect but i go 2 mins up the road jump out at the co-op to get ciggys, jump back in the car go to start it and it dies turn the key again and starts perfect anyone elses do this ?

just been happening on the cold mornings

helppppppppppppp

lol its not a major prob just a niggle but was wondering anyone elses does this its a 03 172 cup

cheers for any advice

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine did this, replaced the TDC sensor and it fixed it, was odd cos it only wouldn't start if i left it the exact time it took me to fill up and pay for the fuel, then wouldn't start! Sounds like your co-op "time"

Lots of Alfas
Try cleaning the TDC sensor, there is a guide somewhere on here with pictures, failing that try cleaning replacing the coolant temp sensor and check the connections. Does the temp gauge seem erratic?

172 A Cupwork Orange™
no the temp gauge is normal 1 notch over the middle has always been there